260Z Rear Bumper Rubber

Ian

Club Member
So it seems you can't get the rubber strips for the rear bumper for 260Z's any more.

I don't think I'd like the rubberless look and mine aren't in the best shape either. So what options do I have?

Only ones I could find were for 240Z:

https://zcardepot.com/exterior/bumper/bumper-rubber-strip-rear-oem.html

or early 260Z:

https://zcardepot.com/exterior/bumper/bumper-rubber-trim-rear-oem-260z-1974.html

Will either of these fit my bumper?

11041587_870500163030286_4304162379109149087_o.jpg

Are there any options I'm missing?

Last edited by a moderator:
Ordered some from Z Car Depot for a 260Z, but they are the wrong ones, must be for an earlier 260Z.

I guess you just can't get ones for my bumper anymore. But I'm not sure I'd like the look with no rubbers.

The USA only did 1 year and those are different I believe from Euro versions.

Sureley as a two seater you want '240Z' ones ?

European 260Z models have a different part number for the rear bumper rubber, from non-European vehicles. I think it is because other markets had rear overriders on the bumpers, so the rubber moulding is shorter in those markets.

The part number for European (UK) models (260Z coupe) is 85007-N3400. The European 240Z (up to 07/73) has the part number for the rear bumper rubber as 85007-E4100.

Thanks, although I'm not sure it will help as I'm sure they have been discontinued so need to be found from an after-market source.

So, does that mean that 240Z rubber will not fit if UK 260's if they have their own part number.

Group Harrington fit rubber strips to their Stainless Steel bumpers. They manufacture them for US and Euro models of 240 & 260Z

It might be worth contacting them to see it they can supply the strips without the bumpers.

Group Harrington fit rubber strips to their Stainless Steel bumpers. They manufacture them for US and Euro models of 240 & 260Z

It might be worth contacting them to see it they can supply the strips without the bumpers.
I don't believe they do - the aim is to sell bumpers and even if you specify without rubbers, they come with them so they won't have any 'spare-stock' !

Does imply that the rubbers are the same for euro 240Z and 260Z models.:thumbs:

Cost me nearly £230 for the wrong ones I just bought, I need to make sure I get the right ones this time.

If anyone needs a set of the shorter ones come to me.

Why don't you measure and photo yours to share here :

a) to avoid someone proposing the wrong ones

b) to obtain the correct advice to get the right ones

c) to induce a potentiel buyer to contact you in the sure knowledge that you have his/her necessary parts.

Thanks, although I'm not sure it will help as I'm sure they have been discontinued so need to be found from an after-market source.

Actually, although discontinued, these parts sometimes appear for sale in other markets. If you "Google" the part number from time to time, you may get lucky and find a current auction for a set. Also you can used a saved search "searches you follow" in ebay to look for a set.

So, does that mean that 240Z rubber will not fit if UK 260's if they have their own part number.

I don't know what the difference between a European 260Z and 240Z rear bumper rubber is.

I'm not at home at the moment, doing training in England, I will measure when I get home to confirm.

You can get an idea of the length they should be from my photo in the first post.

Back