260rbz

Wyn

Club Member
Starting to get a few bits together now for project 260RBZ

2.5 single turbo RB25DET engine, gbox etc sat waiting in the flower pot :thumbs:

Rear bowl Z31 sump and pickup now here fresh from the US of A
Should now allow the engine to drop straight in without the sump hitting the x member

Engine mount kit arrived the other day from www.mckinneymotorsports.com
Pics to follow

All I need now is some time and a bit of know how :D

Jees, at this rate the Z Club will have more combined HP than any other Z Club lol, nice one keep us up to date, I expect this might progress at your usual rate :D

I expect this might progress at your usual rate

Been there, so not this time.
Clocks go back soon n cant see jack after work anyway lol :D

Tbh I'm looking forwards to doing this conversion
I know nothing about those RB engines but it seems there’s loads of info and bolt on goodies for them
Whereas the std L series zed although good just doesn’t cut it for me any more
At the end of the day I luv the looks but fancy the change :driving:

Last edited by a moderator:
Engine/ gearbox mount kit pics

Think I got the mount upside down lol

Also brought me a full set of much needed adjustable shocks
Prob the best mod I made to my other Zed so deffo a must have for a modded Zed imo

Brakes next ... amongst all the rest that goes with it :driving:

Looking good i like the gearbox mount set up saves all the problems of cutting out the old gearbox ears and rewelding them for the RB25 skyline box.

Good choice with the Tokico Adjustable Shocks are you going with adjustable spring platforms ?

What brake set up are you looking at ?.

Cheers Dave
I guess that box mount is the best compromise for a d.i.y install
But due to the size of the box the ears still need to come off the shell before it can be fitted.
Still for someone like me who cant weld this is the easiest option to get the work done :thumbs:
As for the struts i'm just keeping them stock coil setup atm, unless I spot something at the right price in between time.
Brakes are high on the list of bits to get, so prob buy a set of those Wilwoods like you’ve just picked up?
That's assuming I don’t find something else out there on eBay land :D

Back