240z

johnymd

Club Member
To fully enjoy a Z I think you need to be part of a club. As he slagged off every member of this club he may struggle to be part of it. I think it was inevitable it would be up for sale again.

status

Well-Known Forum User
i fully enjoy my Zed and im not a member but am always up for a bit of zedding with members or non members,all car nuts welcome as far as im concerned Jon,who is spannerboy anyway

Albrecht

Well-Known Forum User
gazc130 said:
He praised me!

As was amply demonstrated in the threads he participated in, I wouldn't say that 'spannerboy' was necessarily somebody whose judgment I would trust....

....who is spannerboy anyway

Just somebody who passed through here a while ago. To quote The Bard:

"....a poor player, that struts and frets his hour upon the stage, and then is heard no more; it is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing."

First:

http://zclub.net/forum/showthread.php?t=23741

And then:

http://zclub.net/forum/showthread.php?t=23751

Wyn said:
Even if it has had a rear quarter it looks a good buy :thumbs:

You're missing the point, same as you were in the original thread(s).

If the car has had an 'incident' that required the replacement of a whole rear quarter - including the fuel filler - and the knock was obviously hard enough to require that the original nylon fuel vapour tank was also replaced ( with a later steel one ), then the extent of the repairs to the car around that rear quarter need careful investigation.

If it's been repaired well, then all well and good. But judging by the quality of the work seen in the photos that 'spannerboy' posted, I wouldn't necessarily take his word for it. Witness the results of the "50p" patent hole saw:

Attachments

• 010_zpsa584af46.jpg
    010_zpsa584af46.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 39

Wyn

Club Member
Am not missing the point
what's to say it didn't have the side opened up by a lorry or post?
If its had a quarter so what. If its full of filler and has no inner arch then maybe not
Until you look at it with the intention of buying you will never know otherwise

Albrecht

Well-Known Forum User
Am not missing the point
what's to say it didn't have the side opened up by a lorry or post?
If its had a quarter so what. If its full of filler and has no inner arch then maybe not
Until you look at it with the intention of buying you will never know otherwise

So how does that, fit with this:

Wyn said:

....?

You seem to be endorsing the car - at the price advertised - just like you were in the original thread. Except in the meantime we've established that the seller hasn't been telling the whole truth, and hasn't got a clue what he's talking about anyway.

If the car has been repaired well, then maybe it's worth buying. If it hasn't, then it isn't. The jury is still out on that, but what I see from his photos isn't exactly all that encouraging:

Attachments

• 014_zpse564f519.jpg
    014_zpse564f519.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 49
  • 015_zps8015b56e.jpg
    015_zps8015b56e.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 46

Wyn

Club Member
You seem to be endorsing the car - at the price advertised - just like you were in the original thread. Except in the meantime we've established that the seller hasn't been telling the whole truth, and hasn't got a clue what he's talking about anyway.

If the car has been repaired well, then maybe it's worth buying. If it hasn't, then it isn't. The jury is still out on that, but what I see from his photos isn't exactly all that encouraging:

And In your words ... You're missing the point, same as you were in the original thread(s).

Until you see the car you'll never know, simple !!

Albrecht

Well-Known Forum User
And In your words ... You're missing the point, same as you were in the original thread(s).

I don't think I was missing much - if anything - in the original threads. I might pop back just to have another laugh at your observations though. They were mostly about VW campers I seem to remember? I don't think you knew what you were looking at with regard to the car in question, did you? You certainly didn't make a single worthwhile observation about it in the original thread. Everything but.

Wyn said:
Until you see the car you'll never know, simple !!

Exactly what some of us have been saying all along. Which makes me wonder how you can endorse it at the full asking price whilst now saying the same thing...?

Wyn

Club Member
I don't think I was missing much - if anything - in the original threads. I might pop back just to have another laugh at your observations though. They were mostly about VW campers I seem to remember? I don't think you knew what you were looking at with regard to the car in question, did you? You certainly didn't make a single worthwhile observation about it in the original thread. Everything but.
Exactly what some of us have been saying all along. Which makes me wonder how you can endorse it at the full asking price whilst now saying the same thing...?

Sorry Albert :rolleyes: I forgot its your job to decide who posts what in these threads on here
Does that annoy you ? Shame that ...
Still that's right, I made no observations about the car and know nothing about it.
But then I have no intention of buying it either, so no I don't need to know its every little life story either.
Maybe you should go look at it and put everyone out of their misery?
I think I got a magnifying glass somewhere you can borrow

btw, YOU can read into my replies how you wish, but to me saying a car looks a good buy doesn't mean you would pay the full asking
But then YOU just might ?

Wyn

Club Member
I think this car has been colour changed

Anyone else see that even the boot floor has been painted

Does say in the listing "This is all original except for the stereo typical american paintjob"

btw, Look in the o/s door shut and you can see it looks a diffo colour/shade aswell as over spay on the rubbers ?

Albrecht

Well-Known Forum User
Sorry Albert :rolleyes: I forgot its your job to decide who posts what in these threads on here

Wrong again. I think you'll find it was your mate 'spannerboy' and his chum who were trying to dictate who posted what on here. Didn't see you complaining about what they were coming up with. I was just trying to keep the thread on-topic, whilst you were busy taking it anywhere but.

Wyn said:
btw, YOU can read into my replies how you wish, but to me saying a car looks a good buy doesn't mean you would pay the full asking...

I'll quote you again:

Wyn said:

Albrecht

Well-Known Forum User
I think this car has been colour changed

Anyone else see that even the boot floor has been painted

Lots of Silver overspray on wiring and rubber bungs. Description of the paint job is one of the few accuracies in the description.

Original colour looks to be yellow. Clearly visible on the bracket for the rear interior trim panel, top left in this photo:

Attachments

• 014_zpse564f519.jpg
    014_zpse564f519.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 30

Wyn

Club Member
Wrong again. I think you'll find it was your mate 'spannerboy' and his chum who were trying to dictate who posted what on here. Didn't see you complaining about what they were coming up with.

That's right, as didn't bug me :rolleyes:

I was just trying to keep the thread on-topic, whilst you were busy taking it anywhere but.

Again sorry Albert I forgot its your job to decide what's posted on here
The fact the guy was a newbie should have told me I should have blanked him or only asked about the Z and nothing else ?

I'll quote you again:

Originally Posted by Wyn
Even if it has had a rear quarter it looks a good buy

Atleast you got that right :thumbs: