Are there supposed to be tiny rubber stand-offs in these holes?

AliK

Vehicle Dating Officer
Staff member
Club Member
Trust me guys it’s a piece of cake with my method. I promise to make a video tomorrow. The hole seems way too small but actually once in, it’s a perfect fit.

uk66fastback

Club Member
Here we go ... first, a little white grease. Then, with a small flat-bladed screwdriver, say 3mm across, Push the rubber in with the blade and work the piece into the hole, turning it as you go. First one took a couple of minutes. You do need to be forceful with it!

mbVfyzaq.jpg

3spKHV1U.jpg

yNWYZcZC.jpg

Mr Tenno

Digital Officer
Staff member
Site Administrator
Ok got them in! I was being too timid folding the rubber in, you've basically got to 'stab' the lip into the hole to the point where you'd probably think it's going to damage it, surprisingly they're tough enough that it doesn't.

Bazzateer

Club Member
Good work on the 'people' doors. Back to the thread topic of the fuel filler door, I've ordered the rubber stops from the seller in Thailand, now to wait a few weeks for delivery.

Bazzateer

Club Member
Arrived today. Not good quality. Very 'grainy' material that tears easily, had to use a sticky pad for one. Also too high pushing the fuel flap out too much. They need rubbing down to make them thinner. They'll do for now but I will look for an alternative.