Front Wing & Headlamp Casing Assembly Advise

DJacey

Club Member
Hi all, I'm looking for advise on which materials/products and thicknesses to use for part no.'s 30, 31, 33 & 82 on the attached photo please.

Part 30 is the seal between the headlamp casing and the front wing - presumably a rubber gasket?

Part 31 is the seal between the front wing and headlamp casing support panel - foam rubber perhaps?

Part 33 is the seal between the rear of the front wing and the body - foam rubber?

Part 82 is the seal between the inner mudguard and the inner front wing - foam rubber?

Thanks in advance.IMG_20190420_125649166.jpg

DJacey

Club Member
Not sure but presumably put there to stop water getting to the headlamp electrics perhaps and to create a better joint? I'm sure they weren't there when I took them apart, but that was some time ago now, and who knows how many times the casings have been taken off over the past 40 odd years and this part discarded due to deteriation.

Mr Tenno

Digital Officer
Staff member
Site Administrator
I seem to recall a previous thread on that part where it was suggested that it was occasionally fitted at the factory to improve fit - maybe the oracle can weigh in and set the matter straight?