To all you nice Z people

Sam_C

Club Member
Well its finally official - Sam is back in the murky world of Z ownership after 24 years in the wilderness! Prepare yourselves for plenty (more) postings of stupid questions.

And now for the bad news. The old owner ommited to tell me that the speedo reads about 10mph too high. Within 15 minutes of picking the car up, I had been flashed by a speed camera going through roadworks on the M62. 50mph limit, 50 mph on the clock. Flash! Then another flash. Ah..that'll be the missus who was following me after taking me off to pick up the car. When my phone lit up with "The Dragon" I knew I was in it.

Does the club have a fund to help out people in my situation? Are tax-exempt vehicles also speeed-limit exempt?:(

Mr.G

Club Member
Congrats on coming back into the fold!!

Sorry to hear about the flash, fingers crossed it was just routinely flashing and not taking a picture. Any pictures Sam? So give us a run down of your new pride and joy :)

john-boy

Well-Known Forum User
Sorry to hear about that Sam, but surely that means the speedo reads too low! In that case, the car is much faster than you thought, which must be good news in a way! :cool:

Look forward to seeing the pictures!

CheerZ,
JB

Sam_C

Club Member
John-Boy - you are quite right about the speedo. What excellent news, I've just upped the top speed of my Z by 20 mph (the 10 I took off and the 10 you've added on) at no cost. Free performance - the Holy Grail of tuning. (Apart from the £80 fine I'll be getting of course...)

Pictures of my new baby and a little write-up to follow.

Black Bug

Well-Known Forum User
Congrats Sam!

Time to get oily :D First stop I suggest checking the diff ratio and the speedo cog in the gearbox are in sync, or maybe you've just got tractor tyres on the rear? ;)

Cheers,
Rob

Sam_C

Club Member
Black Bug - just checked. The alloys on the back are stamped "Massey Ferguson" and the tyres say "Agricultural Use Only" on the side. Could this be part of my problem??

Black Bug

Well-Known Forum User
wikked man, I bet dey is well sorted!

Perhaps you should keep them for drag strip specials :D

Cheers,
Rob