Z32 versus GTA V6!......

JEZ 280ZX

Well-Known Forum User
Hi,
In this month's Practical Classics magazine there's a comparison of a Z32 NA 2 seater slicktop and a Renault (Alpine) GTA V6!
We were led to believe that this would be a Z31 vs Renault test?...But it's the Z32 model quite clearly!!:D
So the Z32 is now old enough to be considered a Classic!...Shame they couldn't have used a club member's car though as the owner of the car used, confesses to preferring BMWs!

A cutting from the article.....

300zx_article.jpg

Yes, it was my GTA :)

I was surprised they picked a Z32, they started in 1990, when the GTA ended production, and started way back in 1985..Strange comparison....

They said they couldnt find a suitable Z31 in time, though I have a contact in my town that has a couple, turbo and n/a. Then I asked why they didnt do a turbo against turbo comparison, and they said they couldnt find a SWB manual turbo - again, I have a mate here in Colchester that has one of them too :D

Should have come seen me to organise the lot! :D

Dave

Hi,
Welcome!
I remember What Car compared the GTA to the Z31 Turbo and the Toyota Supra NA back in 1988...As you say they were more likely competitors at the time!
As far as I'm aware the Z Club wasn't approached to provide a suitable car either....Just when we're trying to promote the Z31 to the wider world too!

Back