z32 tt top end help 2

keitht6064

Active Forum User
has anyone else suffered top end rattle, I asked this question a while ago and it was suggested that I have lifter probs and needed to remove the plenum, had no time yet to do it and wondered what else may be involved:bow:

Worth looking at alternative oils - some have better lifter rattle supression properties than others. Always found our Millers oils very good at relieving the rattle problem and generally adding a few psi to oil pressure.

thanks for that mike,I will try to get round to oil change today,is this type of oil available at any car accessory shop?
Regards,
Keith.

A look on the Millers Oils site should allow you to search for nearest stockist. Failing that - give me a call. We are Millers Oils purveyors!

Hi,
I used to use Castrol RS 10w60 in my Z32 and never had any problems with the dreaded rattle!
Some of the fully synthetic oils such as Mobil 1 0w may be too thin for the engine.

Thanks Jez,bought it as a non runner,Ptu changed soon sorted that prob,I know the previous owner, and had it off him in good faith as a non runner,cars stood for about 18 months before I got it and it looks as tho the oil may have drained from lifters, hence the noise, not insuring for the road just yet as using 280 as second car, and not yet found quick and easy solution to the prob!

Back