Z32 rear brake specs

Black Bug

Well-Known Forum User
Hi All!

Well in a totally festive spirit type fashion, can anyone tell me the specs for the Z32 rear brakes, diameter and thickness, and also what sort of caliper it uses - I'm guessing the general single piston type affair here. Any difference between N/A and turbo model brake specs?

Cheers all and a merry Christmas!
Rob

Two (opposed) piston fixed caliper. Rotor 297mm diameter and 18mm thickness (ventilated) with mini-drum face inside the bell for separate handbrake operation. As a result, the pads only act on a relatively narrow outer band of the rotor (about 35mm). NA and TT the same at rear.

D'oh curses, separate handbrake system isn't good, how very annoying! Disc size is good though :(

Any suggestions for a rear caliper that the handbrake can operate as well for a disc in the 280-300mm diamete x 18-22mm vented thickness range? So far I've been able to find out rear disc sizes for a few cars, Mitsu 3000GT, RX7 and Supra have discs around the right size, just haven't been able to find out any more info on what the actual calipers are like.

Looks like I'll be going with a 4 pot Brembo caliper up front with a 304x28 disc, from a Fiat Coupe 20V turbo via the joy of Ebay, so I'm looking for a decent rear caliper to give me a nice balance. The Fiat Coupe uses a thin solid disc on the back though, very inconsiderate of it! ;)

Cheers,
Rob

Z32 brakes

Hi all and a happy new year. I have recently done front brakes on my Z32 TT and got a good deal on Pagid discs from Redline Motorsport, I`ll have to do rears soon and would certainly give them an option to quote !

Back