Z32 Power Steering Belt

Arkwright

Inactive
Last week my son's Z32TT fan belt broke. To cut a long story short we got it to a local garage (not Nissan) who also replaced the other two belts. Since then it keeps chucking the power steering belt, we are now on the third one and it's gone again after under 20 miles. I am getting pissed with the garage and they no doubt feel the same about me. They maintain they're doing it right, I say they aren't.
Is there anything that they can be doing wrong?
Any suggestions b4 I go back ranting would be appreciated.

common causes.

incorrect lenth belt,....if a multi v belt use a genuine one as pattern maybe not flexible enough.

bent pulley, worn adjuster or worn idler's.

assuming the correct lenth belt Derek, anyone would struggle to put it on wrong (accept burnsie)

Don't know if it is the same as with my 280zx but until I got a genuine Nissan belt from Mr F my car chewed it's way through at least 2 belts!!

Additionally, there are variations between UK and JDM belts and also (particularly with power steering) between TT and NA. Stick with the Nissan OEM belts...

Just a thought - the power steering pumps are particularly prone to failure on the Z32 models - are you sure the original belt didn't go as a result of the start of problems in this area?

Hi GuyZ & Gal(Z)
Thankz for the input. I found a Nissan garage in Nottingham and not only did the parts man know what sort of car I was talking about he also had the part!
Picked it up and it's wider and slightly smaller diameter than the garage one. hopefully this will solve the problem.
Incidentally the old belt was OK but they changed it as a precaution naturally I wasn't given the old one back.

Back