Z31 wheel Spacers

Zed2k

Well-Known Forum User
Hi All has anyone had any experience with wheel spacers so that the wheels on my Z31 facelift look like they are in the right position. (not so far inside the arches).
I suppose I will need longer studs and spacers or new Wheels which stick out further.
Anyone any idea of costs of longer studs 20 of them Yikes!!!!!

Nick..
P.S. Trying to reseal exhaust down pipe guess what Snap stud sheared off but I did get the other 2 Out..

:unsure:

neil300zx

Well-Known Forum User
Hi nick maybe you can take the manifold off and drill it out and them nut and bolt it.
I know Dr shemp had some spacers made his number is on the mechanic thread

MattDaKav

Well-Known Forum User
I really want some spacers too... big ones!
It will eat wheel bearings but I don't drive my Z that much anyway.
I've looked into it and for some nice billet machined spacers with built in studs I think it will set you back around £150.

billetSpacersComp.jpg

Dr_Shemp

Well-Known Forum User
Hi Nick
Check out the ones in my gallery, they aint cheep. I had mine custom made by an engineering firm at a cost of £230 for four, then the extra long wheel studs at £60 for a set of 20. Mine are 25mm thick, seems like a lot of money but the improvement in road holding definitely justified the cost. Fitting caused certain problems too, the diameter of the centre hole MUST be correct for the wheels your going to use or you wont centralise the wheel properly ( the studs alone wont do this ). I used Toyota wheels which I think had a centre diameter of 76.1 mm. I also needed to remove the splash guards from behind the discs to get the longer studs in, on my car they were secured with four phillips screws each of which kindly sheared of one at a time. Other than that WELL WORTH IT.

Cheers

Mick
P.s Hows that nirous kit going