Z31 Turbo into 260

Tony 260Z

Club Member
Folks,

How much would I have to shell out for a Z31 engine? I'd be after the turbo version if I can find one.

Would it make an affordable but beefy transplant into a 260?

Cheers,

Tony

MattDaKav

Well-Known Forum User
Yeah, sweet.

I'm guessing: Engine, Crossmember, Gearbox, ECU & half the loom.

Maybe mod it a little... 300bhp?

Would be a nice project.

suzy

Well-Known Forum User
Tony I know someone in Bristol who has done this, if you are serious I'll pass his phone number onto you.

zeeman1972

Well-Known Forum User
Well I have a Z31 turbo engine, gearbox, ECU, loom, etc (unfortunately no crossmember though) that I'm more than happy to sell!:D PM me if you are interested!

JEZ 280ZX

Well-Known Forum User
Hi,
There was a white 260z at Billing a few years ago which had this transplant....It looked a good fit!

zedhead260

Well-Known Forum User
The white car now has a VG30DETT in it - but it is the same one. His name is Steve and sits in 10th position (from memory) in the Hall of Fame.

I doubt you'd need the engine cross member, but the engine mounts may prove to be useful.

Tony 260Z

Club Member
Thanks all. No action on this idea for at least a couple of weeks (off on hols) but funnily enough just after i posted this question I went to WHSmith and there was a mag with the white 260/VG30 in it! Spooky!

JEZ 280ZX

Well-Known Forum User
Hi,
Yes JTuner this month has a 4 page article on the white 260z with the VG30et engine and nos!

zedhead260

Well-Known Forum User
zedhead260 said:
The white car now has a VG30DETT in it - but it is the same one. His name is Steve and sits in 10th position (from memory) in the Hall of Fame.

I had to buy a copy of Jtuner - nice car, nice article.

It appears the HoF is stating the wrong engine :eek:

Now who was it who told me it was a twin turbo ???

Skiddell
Pmac
Mr F

It was one of you...........own up :mad:

;)

Zed2k

Well-Known Forum User
I think there is a problem with the steering columb when fitting the V6 and you have to put another joint in near the chassis to get it passed the engine just from memory. car looks good though.

racer

Club Member
Rob def a z32tt lump, I saw it run at york! It ran a 12 sec1/4 on crap tyres! I guess where talking about the same guy? I remember the car at Billing a few years back when he had a z31t lump in it.

zedhead260

Well-Known Forum User
Nope - Steve Sinclair; same bloke, same car - have you seen Jtuner - deffo a Z31 single turbo under the bonnet.

Mr.F

Inactive
It was verified by all present at York Round 1 earlier this year - pmac, skiddell and racer...don't believe everything you read in magazines! (Except ours...)