Z suspension.

240Z Man

Well-Known Forum User
Hello, could anyone tell me if there is any advantage in putting 260Z struts and hubs on to a 240Z Datsun. I have a chance of getting some second hand 260Z struts and hubs, and I was going to convert them to adjustable platforms. Thank you.

Hello, could anyone tell me if there is any advantage in putting 260Z struts and hubs on to a 240Z Datsun. I have a chance of getting some second hand 260Z struts and hubs, and I was going to convert them to adjustable platforms. Thank you.

If the struts are from a late 260 they won't fit a 240, if they are from early 260 they are the same as 240 ones. Adjustable platforms are easily fitted to 240 struts because the tube o/d is right for sleeves you can buy off the shelf.

yep thats rite the 55mm kit is very hard to find but the 50mm kit is on the shelf at a few places im doing it for my 260 and having the parts made to do the 55mm tubes.
also where are you 240z man as i now live in devon??

Hi,
Yes i live near Ivybridge and i think i will keep my 240z struts and get them convereted instead.

The late 260z hubs are stronger, but only really fro motorsport applications. Will fit no problem though.

The late 260z hubs are stronger, but only really fro motorsport applications. Will fit no problem though.

Specifically the rear hubs are stronger. Whilst I know that there are minor differences between early and late front hubs, I'm not certain about strength differences.

I would only advocate fitting late (260Z) suspension struts to a 240Z if the car was recieving a proper short stroke damper conversion with adjustable platforms - which cuts out all that extra strut height.

Back