Where do you keep your Z?

TomZupra

Well-Known Forum User
I have been renting a garage near my house for my Z, but I'm on my third move in 2 years and now a few miles away which is reducing the amount I use the car.

I have a decent sized driveway now in a quiet culdisac and was considering (at least for the summer months) keeping the Z outside, my question is do many people do this? I've heard some horror stories off some friends with keeping cars under car covers and damaging paintwork, anyone successfully protect there car with a cover and if so which one?

Old neighbour of mine kept his car under one of those Gazebo/Tent type things that are usually only used at barbecues when it rains. It seemed to be quite effective.

Mine lives and is worked on outside as I don't have a garage :unsure:

Seems ok so far :unsure:

If you use a breathable car cover outside, even in our "summer" months, you need to be careful. Condensation will form under it and will do damage. The first two years I had my car I kept it outside under an expensive cover during summer and it did noticeably deteriorate in certain areas. TBH, if it has to be outside, I'd say under a car port is the least worst option. At least some shelter is provided and moisture is not being held against it.

To answer the title question, in a bespoke timber garage built specifically for storing it!

My car lives on the driveway summer and winter as I have no choice. Ensure the car is cavity-injected and fully undersealed by a professional company and give it a good coat of decent polish about once every six weeks if you can. That's what I have done and two years on the car still looks great.

I keep mine in a very narrow garage.

00179.jpg

If you are thinking of getting a car cover dont waste your money on a cheap one. I did, it was supposed to be water proof but was not at all. It was like covering your car in wet towels.

A bit sad to be proud of my garage, but I am.
I put this up for about £1k when I got the z.
It came in about a million parts and took days to put up, but it's been good value.
garage.JPG

I used an outdoor carcoon... brilliant for summer and winter kept all the cars I put in it very well indeed. You have to take the car out to work on it.. My brother used a poly tunnel. Stuck a ground sheet inside it to make it as air tight as possible. He fitted some pockets on the inside and used those water absorbing crystals you can buy in sachets which you can dry out and re use in the oven.. He could work in there as well.. depends on how big a space you have..

Back