What would you buy ?

Aerialmark

Club Member
Its now November and my Z is in the garage until March and Im thinking of a winter car what would you buy ?
I only want to spend £3K. I want it to be petrol, 4x4 if possible ( not an absolute must ) but not a big suv as I already have a Discovery 3 which is giving me a few problems (Surprise surprise )
I don't mind if its an older car although with a 3K budget it will probably will be. But most of all fairly reliable for winter.
What would you buy ?

Unfortunately I need to get more than two people in.
wait for it................................. 2 MX5's :smash:. Never had more reliable fun, but not going to fit your needs really.

Used to have a Shogun Pinin which was great to drive, permanent 4 wheel drive, bit small inside though

I used to do this Mark - have a summer car and then a winter car .

My favoutite combo was a Honda S2000 in Summer and....................................... an Audi A8 Quattro Sport ( 4.2 V8 ) in winter.

I think the A8's have gone up a bit in price now.

If I had garage space - both of those cars would be in it still .

I used to do this Mark - have a summer car and then a winter car .

My favoutite combo was a Honda S2000 in Summer and....................................... an Audi A8 Quattro Sport ( 4.2 V8 ) in winter.

I think the A8's have gone up a bit in price now.

If I had garage space - both of those cars would be in it still .
Nothing like a bit of power comfort and presence for winter 👍

Right my budget and needs have changed ( sorry ) as I have decided to sell my Disco to a friend of mine who probably won’t be a friend for long when has to spend money on it. He’s getting it cheap so he can’t complain.
So my budget will now be about 7k and I want a petrol 4x4 but not necessarily an suv that will have plenty of boot space and be able to have a decent detachable tow bar fitted to carry my electric bike and camping gear. Again the more reliable the better. Coming from a 2005 Landrover Discovery that shouldn’t be hard to beat. Road tax not a problem as I pay £650 a year for my Z. Newer the better.

Still a Legacy, just a newer and faster one.

good call.

I do like these also

although this is all the cool. ideal to pick your mate up when that disco has gone pop

Get an import legacy,great spec great cars had two of em,or Impreza wagon jdm,ive got one but 7 k might not be enough for a jdm low mileage,stay away from the 2.5 engine if you get one

Back