Tragic news

andrew muir

Club Member
I have recieved news early this morning informing me of the death of my friend (Whytie). Due to a car accident.
I few of you will recall meeting Ian at SPA last year.

He was one of those people who could turn his hand to anything, a superb mechanic and electrical engineer, He helped me only two weeks ago get the Zed crankcase seal replaced on the Zed and remarked he never would have given up being a mechanic if all cars were as good to work on as the Zed.

He was pleasure to be around, talented, humorous and courageous, (he always spoke his mind).

I had know Ian since I was 6 years old and got to be very close in our early twenties, riding motorbikes, fast cars etc.

He always was so busy that it was hard to catch up with him, and he was looking forward to coming down with me to the Samuri gathering next week. A rare bit of time off for him.

On Wednesday I spoke with him and he spoke fondly of his time at SPA, meeting the Gaskin Clan and the friendly atmosphere there.

It is just so desparately sad that I won't get the chance to buy him the many pints I owe him.

Please take it easy out there, I have lost too many of my friends in accidents over the years,.
You only get one shot at this life, make it a long one!:(

RIP Ian Whyte 1967- 2015

Andrew, this is just making me wihout words...
I have informed the Datsun-France team, and we all remeber the nice time at Spa.
My condoleances to his family and friends.
I am sure he will be with us at Spa this year, and in the mind of everyone...

Dont let the good memories fade andrew. I have been in this position too many times and know how much it hurts but there are always good memories to hang onto

Andrew that has really shook me and I feel desperately sad.

He was great company at Spa, he just fitted in. Amy and Andy got on with him so well - all fun loving people.

I hope you can still make it next weekend so we can have a chat and remember him.

Yes take care - last Saturday I had a very narrow escape caused by an idiot in a BMW overtaking on a blind brow of the A5 near Towcester. It shook my wife and made us think how life hangs in the balance. Dan's 240Z accident last year was another reality check.

I'm so sorry for you and all his other friends and family.

I did not know him, Andrew, but it is evident from your words how deeply you felt about him so please accept my sincere condolences.

Very sorry to hear that ;

we are more used to discuss about light things around our passions and fest all together at spa... Don't know what to say that would help

All my condoleances to familly & friends

Thanks all of you for the kind thoughts.

I have been tasked to dispose of part of his estate, unfortunately not his tools which are 90% snap-on and probably would run into 5 figures. Which I would have bought myself.
I have to dispose of (sell his audio visual stuff) its all in great nick and I sold most of it to him.
I know he would not really want it all put on ebay but rather to individuals etc.
A short list is as follows.

Michel Gyro dec turntable custom /black/silver with SME309 arm Orbe bearing and clamp and Ortofon Quaser blue cart which is only 3 months old. This is an Iconic turntable which will last you forever.

A Yamaha AS2000 amplifier 2 years old like new
1 x pair PSB Imagine T floorstanding speakers, one of the best under £2000 2 years old

A yamaha receiver 5 years old

Morel soundspot 5.1 speaker system 5 years old

A top end CD player (details later)

And other items

If anyone is interested please get in touch.
I can't believe I have been asked to do this and the funeral has yet to be announced.:(

I can't believe I have been asked to do this and the funeral has yet to be announced.:(

I must admit it seems a bit soon but we are all different. Some people's way of dealing with tragedy is to keep active and focus on tasks.

Back