Tips on buying a 350Z

kev64

Well-Known Forum User
Hi everyone, went to look at a 350Z yesterday 2009 41,000 miles up for £9,990 not mint had a few small scuffs here and there, drove okay but was quite noisy when you had your foot off the clutch pedal, clutch itself was biting half way up and engaged well, needs 2 rear tyres which the garage said they would replace but not a top brand but we could put the extra to it for any make we want. Has anyone got any tips what to look for?
Cheers
Kev.

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
Mmmm I've had one and it too was noisy in neutral but ok driving. Get good tyres fitted e.g. continental.

I can't really offer advice because mine was a basic high mileage car from 2004. Does it have the standard exhaust and wheels? What model is it?

I liked mine.

kev64

Well-Known Forum User
Hi Rob, it has a stainless steel exhaust which was flagged on the m.o.t as leaking, wheels are rays slightly kerbed and some paint flaking off its a gt model. Happy Birthday tooEXTRA:)

Last edited:

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
Ok, Rays are good - very light! So it will be leather.

Of course your's will be the tall H engine.

Any issues I had you won't have on that car.

Just check the paperwork, give it a good test, get in on a lift if poss because they can rust (https://www.350z-uk.com/topic/101885-rusty-underneath-help/)

The pressed steel strengthening bits are not well protected and a common rot area.

Exhausts are complicated and expensive. If your's is aftermarket I'd want to know what bits were left from the original and are they ok Cats?

Damage from speed humps etc?

CD player changing ok?

Good luck.

kev64

Well-Known Forum User
We haven't committed to anything yet will be going back for a second look with new information from you will help thanks:thumbs:

kev64

Well-Known Forum User
It's the first one we have looked at Jason, was in Norwich a 2 hour drive took the 240 for a good long drive in the red hot heat 175 miles never missed a beat. This wasn't my first choice have been trying to find a low mileage 2008 or 2009 full spec R32 MK5 3 door since Jan but got fed up of dealers saying it's mint, immaculate, spotless etc then when you get there their not.