Su round tops refurbished

MCBladeRun

Club Member
I didn't want to hijack Graeme's post on his carbs, just wanted to post about mine. Local guy who does motorcycle carbs.

Cost me £341.00.

After looking at Graeme's post, I might get a zinc plating tool so I can do more myself, as I will admit his are awesome looking and I'm envious lol

Coln Engineering
https://colnblastcleaning.co.uk/
Based in Gloucestershire

Attachments

• IMG_20210430_185526.jpg
    IMG_20210430_185526.jpg
    449.6 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_20210430_185601.jpg
    IMG_20210430_185601.jpg
    429.3 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_20210430_185629.jpg
    IMG_20210430_185629.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_20210430_185614.jpg
    IMG_20210430_185614.jpg
    131.6 KB · Views: 44

Farmer42

Club Member
They look nice but will they run nice as well? Interested to know what parts were replaced e.g jets, needles, float valves and more importantly throttle shaft bushes. Any wear on those and they will be a pig to tune if they run at all and you may be left with expensive carb-shaped ornaments. If they have all been replaced, would be interested where they got the parts.

MCBladeRun

Club Member
I supplied them with the carb refresh kits from rockauto 'standard motor products'.

I guess that would be reflected in the price? But you are right, some of the parts are a lot harder to get in the UK. I will get some damper oil and try to get a workable set up before I take the car to be tuned.

Hopefully I can report back here with any problems if they turn up.

uk66fastback

Club Member
They look good for that price for sure. I guess it depends on what those butterfly spindles are like and whether they need doing.

MCBladeRun

Club Member
They look nice but will they run nice as well? Interested to know what parts were replaced e.g jets, needles, float valves and more importantly throttle shaft bushes. Any wear on those and they will be a pig to tune if they run at all and you may be left with expensive carb-shaped ornaments. If they have all been replaced, would be interested where they got the parts.
Hey Farmer, I just gave another read what you said on Graeme's post and here. I think you're right, with parts not available and Ztherapy creating them in house(I think?) I'll give them a call next week and see if they can offer any parts over the basic refresh kit rockauto sells and go from there.

They look good for that price for sure. I guess it depends on what those butterfly spindles are like and whether they need doing.
Going to look into this and will report back here when I get some answers next week.