Sad news Jan Odor has passed away

ben240z

Club Member
I heard last night that Jan Odor, the enginner behind Janspeed has passed away. I had the honour of meeting him last year at the Downton Engineering car show, where Steve Harris had arranged for Jan and a few of his friends to attend.
Jan was unaware that his old 240z race car would be there and it was amazing to see him walk in and suddenly realize that he was walking past the old car.

He spent half an hour chatting about the Zed and telling stories of the time with the car.

Rip Jan Odor and thank you for your passion for speedIMG_20220430_124057768.jpgIMG_20220430_124214599.jpg

Did you get a picture of you with him Ben? I remember his son Keith was a BTCC driver and was killed in an accident abroad.

Did you get a picture of you with him Ben? I remember his son Keith was a BTCC driver and was killed in an accident abroad.
Hi Rob, sadly I thought I would get a photo together next time I met him as he was going to sort out some photos and info on the car he has stored away.
Moral of the story is seize the moment.

Yes Keith was killed in an accident in the dtm series when he got T boned. Jan spoke fondly of the time he took Keith out of school to go to Goodwwod when Rex Greenslade did a track test on the car. Jan took it out for a few laps and then took keith out sat on the roll cage ( no second seat) clinging on for dear life. It was only when he was sent the photos of the day that he realised how hard he was pushing on with Keith in the car.

Back