S30 Chrome Bumpers

Farmer42

Club Member
Hi Franky

It's the same company and I got the details from ebay a while ago. Any ideas what the quality is like?

Cheers

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
I have a pair on my blue 240Z - very good. They appear to have unnecessary holes in them though, however standard bumpers are the same.

Attachments

• IMG_1138.JPG
    IMG_1138.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 76
  • IMG_1136.JPG
    IMG_1136.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 75
Last edited by a moderator:

Mr.F

Inactive
PMac and I were involved in helping Harringtons produce the prototypes for these bumpers and the initial product was very good. Recent examples I've seen have had badly placed end brackets and one member had to return a rear centre to be re-manufactured.
Nothing insurmountable and, in my opinion, they are very good value as they come with the rubber overriders as well.

RIDDLER

Well-Known Forum User
I bought a front bumper from Harrington. It was good quality and I needed the holes as my front indicators are bumper-mounted. Mine has the rubber inserts too. It was a bit of a pain to fit as it was a bit close to the wing on one side, but with a bit of help from a bodywork shop mate of mine we got it on. Being stainless steel it doesn't rust BUT I have found that it does seem to scratch quite easily. Mine looks ok but when you get close there are a lot of small scratches visible either caused when washing the car maybe or perhaps when pulling the car cover on and off, I don't know.

johnymd

Club Member
As mentioned, they will scratch very easy (just look at stainless steel sinks) as it nowhere near as hard as chrome. You can get them refinished every couple of year to keep them looking their best. Or just dont use the car as much as it should be.

Aceman

Well-Known Forum User
We ordered a set and have been very pleased with them. Pound was a bit stronger then though, so they were a little cheaper, but arguably they're a great product at a reasonable price.

I'd buy them again if required as am that happy with them.

morbias

Well-Known Forum User
Does anyone happen to know if a 240z rear bumper will fit on a 260z? The 260z has the rear valance mounting points in different positions (and these are also different between early to late 260zs) but is it just the bracket that is different or where the bracket screws to inside the bumper?

The Harrington site suggests one size fits all but I'm not sure whether to believe that or not.

I've been searching around but can't find any solid info on it (interested specifically in the differences between 240z and early 260z).

Mr.F

Inactive
260Z rear centre is subtly different on 2 seater - the Harrington version does fit, however.
2+2 rear centres are different - wider and in curvature. Ends are the same shape but with different bracket arrangement at the side.

morbias

Well-Known Forum User
Interesting, so all the positional differences are in the rear brackets themselves and not the mounting points inside the bumper?

[EDIT] would this by any chance be the side mounting point of a 2+2 bumper?

IMAG0162_zps4a1b6e00.jpg

This is what was hanging off the rear of my car when I got it and has so far been a mystery to me!

Last edited by a moderator:

status

Well-Known Forum User
I have a front and back bumper coming up for sale soon,also have over riders,all in good nick but need rechroming,I personally have not seen the stainless versions but told from a good bloke that they are nice,can't beat a bit of chrome,but take note of wot john says about scratching,no I ain't got fleas

Ian

Club Member
I was considering the Stainless bumpers, and getting the holes welded up but was worried that they just won't look as good as chrome.

How long can one expect well looked after chrome to last before needing re-done?

Mr.F

Inactive
2+2 has a separate side bracket attached to the body and a single bolt tab in the semi-circular cut-out in the rear corner bumpers.