plugs

jimbob

Forum User
hi . does anyone know why all my spark plugs stop working all at the same time . its done it 3 or 4 times now . had 2 sets in it in the last 2 months

H'mm I've heard sometimes the odd one goes bad even NGK's but not heard of all of them. Maybe the issues is the supply breaking them ???

It would be useful to know what brand of plug you are using. Also what heat range? Are you turbo or NA? Some plugs are dreadful in these engines - Champion for example.
The right NGK plug should live on and on...

This is in your 100E projectile I assume.

Well I've been driving for 46 years and that's never happened to me.

Surely it must be something else in the ignition system?

There are far more experienced heads here than mine, but here's my two pennies ....

1. Is your coil overheating and cutting out? I assume not if you've let the car cool down before trying again.

2. As Rob says are they at the correct heat rating?

3. On failed plugs, have you pulled them out, connected to HT and cranked engine to look for spark? If no spark, could they have cracked and the spark is jumping through the crack before reaching the tip? Could that have been cause by violent vibration or heat damage?

You have me scratching my head and I'm most intrigued, would be very interested to know the outcome!

Back