perks of the job---beat this then

my fair lady

Well-Known Forum User
:) weve just merged with another company producing car exhausts. this factory is based in Hixon Staffordshire. Hixon used to be an airfield used by American bombers.its got 1anda quarter mile concrete landing strip and we get to play on it. finish work, straight on the drag strip.todays results fairlady 1 Golf GTI 1BIG 0.:Z31:

Wyn

Club Member
my fair lady said:
Hixon used to be an airfield used by American bombers.
Must be tricky having to dodge all them bomb craters
laugh.gif

Fair play tho, must be nice to be able to take ya toy out for a play with no plod about
clap.gif

rsj

F1 Champ!
Club Member
my fair lady said:
:) weve just merged with another company producing car exhausts. this factory is based in Hixon Staffordshire. Hixon used to be an airfield used by American bombers.its got 1anda quarter mile concrete landing strip and we get to play on it. finish work, straight on the drag strip.todays results fairlady 1 Golf GTI 1BIG 0.:Z31:
I work (in) Stoke.... Do you take visitors??:D :D :D

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
I know Hixon very well and pass it frequently when visiting relations in Stone (where I was born). It was the scene of a very bad train smash a few years ago, did you know?

When go-karts were first thought of (in the 60s) members of the North Staffs Motor Club built a few and used Hixon to 'play' with them. The North Staffs Motor Club later 'folded' and the Potteries and Newcastle (PAN) MC took over. I was a member of PAN for many years.