Parts wanted ,members only

status

Well-Known Forum User
Guys just an observation but parts wanted only open to members when it could be stopping members getting that elusive part they have been looking for when non members are not able to offer parts for sale to members as well,members could be losing out,
any sensible reason for this as it’s been discussed before but no sensible reason was put forward
ill be selling some more bits off soon so I’ll probably go down the good old faithful word of mouth method as I don’t use eBay to sell stuff

It's so we don't get freeloaders who just make one post and then disappear hoovering up parts regular members need.

We may be able to make the posts visible to basic forum users though - I'll look into it. Anybody selling parts can still make a post that's visible to anyone.

Seems petty as all it does is stop members getting notice of bits for sale from non members which might do them a turn,it’s been discussed before in the past but nothing has ever been done to correct it and I can’t see how it would attract freeloaders if both sides are happy to deal with each other
As for people hoovering up parts I think that’s a bit extreme as that’s already been done by someone in Holland years ago

Seems petty as all it does is stop members getting notice of bits for sale from non members which might do them a turn,it’s been discussed before in the past but nothing has ever been done to correct it and I can’t see how it would attract freeloaders if both sides are happy to deal with each other
As for people hoovering up parts I think that’s a bit extreme as that’s already been done by someone in Holland years ago
No, it doesn't. Non members can post for sale ads, and members will see them.

The post is for members benefit not non members as it’s the members looking for bits that would benefit if they were looking for bits that non members might have,it serves no purpose just letting members see wot bits members are looking for
been discussed a few times and looks like it’s still not changed
doesnt effect me just an observation that serves no purpose as already explained as non members won’t see wot members are looking for,

Any member is free to propose a change and if a majority of members agree, we'd make the change.
Your ability to advertise any bits you want to sell to members and non members alike is unaffected either way.

Just for you Status, forum visitors can now see the thread titles of what people are looking for. You'll have to PM them with your offers though as the threads themselves are still hidden.

It’s not for me,makes no difference wot so ever just pointing something out that might benefit members long for bits so they an get their Zeds up and running

Just had a nose at the members parts wanted,couldn’t see the ad as it looks like it’s been changed back to how it was,oh well just trying to help a few car enthusiasts,

Back to this again as it still stops members getting bits they need,as a forum member I can see a few members looking for bits that I’ve got ,Members losing out again,Serves no purpose as there are a lot of forum members that might have bits for sale

Yes I know I cam send a pm but your still missing the point I’m talking parts wanted by members,members looking for parts section can’t be accessed by non members so members could be losing out,been discussed many times and still hasn’t been fixed hence some members and ex members not impressed,my bits I have don’t cost me anything as they are just sitting in our lock up so not my loss really is it,Just trying to help members looking for parts also it has been mentioned stopping non members being able to pm members or use the forum,me and a mate who broke a few Zeds up in the 90 s have some good clean bits that might be up for sale at a later date,so when we decide to sell some of the bits we will do it by word of mouth as we normally do so it’s the Members that might lose out,seems a bit petty and as mentioned before by some

Back