Parts recommendations

rich

Well-Known Forum User
As I now have my Z and im about to start the work im wondering who to get my parts from in europe and uk and the U S as a last resort.

This is the list of parts that Im going to need.
New Carpet set
New rubbers all round
New vinyl seats and interior.
New coilover set
New bushes allround.
Dashboard cover
New or secondhand tailgate spoiler
New or secondhand wheel arch fenders

Front spoiler like in picture(dont know the name)

Euro rear Light lenses
Black rear light lense panel

Attachments

• 1972-Datsun-240Z-For-Sale-Rear-Rebello-Modified-Blue-Front.jpg
    1972-Datsun-240Z-For-Sale-Rear-Rebello-Modified-Blue-Front.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 44
Hi Rich,

If you find parts in the states that don't want to ship to the UK for whatever reason, please feel free to contact me. I have had several members ship the parts to me and I will lug them down to the POST have have them shipped off to you. No charge on my end, just the POST charges.

I feel like it is my responsibility to help out if I can since many of the parts are available here and we all have the same passion.

Check out "the Z store" in Cali and I can send you a link if needed.

Many members here have local suppliers that I'm sure can help out too.

Cheers.

Hi Rich,

If you find parts in the states that don't want to ship to the UK for whatever reason, please feel free to contact me. I have had several members ship the parts to me and I will lug them down to the POST have have them shipped off to you. No charge on my end, just the POST charges.

I feel like it is my responsibility to help out if I can since many of the parts are available here and we all have the same passion.

Check out "the Z store" in Cali and I can send you a link if needed.

Many members here have local suppliers that I'm sure can help out too.

Cheers.

Thanks buddy will do :thumbs:

There's a guy in Europe who does the carpet sets. Supposed to be fantastic quality and fit as well. Matt Long (on here) had one from him. Will find his details if you are interested.

Obviously the more parts you get from more sources adds to the shipping but it may be better in the long run to get the best parts you can for the (small, hopefully) extra cost.

Saccyclone has sent me a few parts which have really helped (most notably a tiny part for my broken choke lever) and he is a top guy!

As I now have my Z and im about to start the work im wondering who to get my parts from in europe and uk and the U S as a last resort.

This is the list of parts that Im going to need.
New Carpet set
New rubbers all round
New vinyl seats and interior.
New coilover set
New bushes allround.
Dashboard cover
New or secondhand tailgate spoiler
New or secondhand wheel arch fenders

Front spoiler like in picture(dont know the name)

Euro rear Light lenses
Black rear light lense panel

Most of the stuff you need you can probably get from Mike Feeney (MrF) at MJP Auto based in the UK. However WRT the list of stuff you have given, I got my carpets from a supplier in the UK and there are a couple if you look them up. Try this one for starters http://www.carcarpets.co.uk/datsun-68-c.asp.

I got my door weatherstrip rubbers from a UK company called Woollies which is a lot cheaper than buying the aftermarket fitted ones. The other rubbers are probably only available from the US unless Mike can get them for you.

I presume you have a LHD car otherwise the only place I know of to get a RHD dash cover is Kameari in Japan http://www.rhdjapan.com/kameari-s30-dash-board-cover.html which is where I got mine. It's not cheap though!! LHD covers are plentiful in the US but not so much elsewhere.

Unless you want originality, I would go with getting a re-upholster in leather on the seats which is a lot more comfortable. Otherwise I think Mike can get hold of replacement vinyl covers.

You will probably pick up a rear light cluster & panel off e-bay for a 260 or 280Z as they come up quite often. Not so much so for 240Z. From what I have read in previous threads, it is possible to covert the US rear lenses to conform to our MOT rules. Have a look at the threads on the Forum.

Good luck

Most of the stuff you need you can probably get from Mike Feeney (MrF) at MJP Auto based in the UK. However WRT the list of stuff you have given, I got my carpets from a supplier in the UK and there are a couple if you look them up. Try this one for starters http://www.carcarpets.co.uk/datsun-68-c.asp.

I got my door weatherstrip rubbers from a UK company called Woollies which is a lot cheaper than buying the aftermarket fitted ones. The other rubbers are probably only available from the US unless Mike can get them for you.

I presume you have a LHD car otherwise the only place I know of to get a RHD dash cover is Kameari in Japan http://www.rhdjapan.com/kameari-s30-dash-board-cover.html which is where I got mine. It's not cheap though!! LHD covers are plentiful in the US but not so much elsewhere.

Unless you want originality, I would go with getting a re-upholster in leather on the seats which is a lot more comfortable. Otherwise I think Mike can get hold of replacement vinyl covers.

You will probably pick up a rear light cluster & panel off e-bay for a 260 or 280Z as they come up quite often. Not so much so for 240Z. From what I have read in previous threads, it is possible to covert the US rear lenses to conform to our MOT rules. Have a look at the threads on the Forum.

Good luck
Many thanks :thumbs:

And yes its for a 240.

I've had two carpet sets... one from a well-known UK supplier and one from Romas at DCW Classics in Lithuania (look them up on facebook). The UK set was cheap, thin carpet and roughly cut. The set from Romas was really good quality, rubber-backed thick carpet with all the edges neatly cut and bound... really nice.

For door rubbers I believe 1993-2002 Kia Sportage ones fit and can be used for the boot seal too. I haven't tried them myself yet though tbh!

For front and rear screen rubbers, vintagerubber.com (in the US) do them and they also do a version that doesn't need the chrome insert if you either don't like (or can't find) the chrome strips.

Other than that, Mike Feeney, Sean Dezart and Ebay. Problem with ordering from the US is the painful slap you'll get at UK customs...

Back