paint code

DaveP

Club Member
does anyone know the original 1973 blue mettallic paint code for a 240z? I,ve searched the web but no definitive answer, Has anyone got one with the code no. still on it? Thanks Dave P

Christ, that book has got expensive. It's about the same on Amazon.

I paid nowhere near that a few years ago when I got my copy.

It is an essential basic text, as far as English language Z history resources go though IMO.

Is it still possible to get paint mixed to these ppg codes? I've tried a few local paint suppliers and they can only suggest I flick through some swatches and pick one I like or is similar to what I think the colour should be.

Is it still possible to get paint mixed to these ppg codes? I've tried a few local paint suppliers and they can only suggest I flick through some swatches and pick one I like or is similar to what I think the colour should be.

Well you have kinda answered your own question Johny.:D

For 307 the Valentine paint ref. no. is 35807 if that helps?

If anyone needs any other cross references then let me know.

Sorry John, just checked and that one happens to be missing... :(

The info is from a 'set' of 70s datsun colour swatch cards, sadly not fully complete by the look of it. Some lovely colours in it, not all I guess are z specific though.

Thanks to everyone who responded I,ll try to get chips to check out. Has anyone got a blue 240? Regarding door cards on another thread I just brought in a pair of 240 covers from Thailand which were a very good repro with chrome strip and two grained vynal

Thanks to everyone who responded I,ll try to get chips to check out. Has anyone got a blue 240? Regarding door cards on another thread I just brought in a pair of 240 covers from Thailand which were a very good repro with chrome strip and two grained vynal

The factories in Thailand have been making a number of useful Items for a decade or so.
This sounds like another useful addition.
I dont want any ... but have you got a link for the benefit of anyone who might ??

I'd like 110 red/orange if possible please?

Damn, I've not got that one either. :( I'm not doing very well here.... I've got over 40 'Datsun' swatches too.... Sadly there's no reference to the cars they may be for, some could be cross over with the S30 (hence why I have some S30 colours but not all) .

Like John, I tried to get some lime 112 mixed yesterday for my floor, but they said the modern paint suppliers didnt update the early 70's codes, all they could do was scan an original part and find a similar colour.

door card covers

Google J's Retro Parts. (bangkok thailand) They have an ebay store with loads of bits parts came in 7 days

Back