Newark autojumble

spitdigger

Club Member
Hi,
Anyone been to the 'Normous Newark Autojumble' I was wondering whether a 3hr trip each way was worth the effort - got to be better than Christmas shopping.
Jeff

I live not far away from Newark showground and this used to be a regular pilgrimage. however it soon got boring. It's like a giant flea market of car stuff. Most of it is just stuff and either tat or expensive. There is rarely any Datsun gear there. If you want to spend a couple of hours definitely not a whole day out then I suppose you might enjoy it. If the weather is **** then the wife/girlfriend /kids will be really pissed. Take your wellies and warm clothes it's always very cold.

3 hours each way. Think twice you probably have as good on your doorstep.

I've been a few times. As Derek has said, its not really a day out kind of thing, ok for a few hours. Ok if you want pre-war or 50's & 60's European spares, precious little other Japanese fair on offer the times I have been. But you never know what you will find. Never found parts for my 280ZX but have for my other cars.

Huw

Maybe I'll think about a trip next summer, doesn't sound like a December day out. Living beyond the sticks there's not much close by although we do have a small event locally a couple of times a year. Mainly tat there too but you do see people happily going away with 'bargains'

Back