new zed model

importfairlady

Well-Known Forum User
ok so that got your interest, ok so talking of zeds i was wondering, everyone knows the beast, no matter who owns it or how many their are a v8 will always be a manta v8 to me so it seems you have to either move the bar up, be unique or be the first to do something, now before you comment i know i've less than normal motor skills at the moment but i can still think and give it 16 weeks and i should have full use of my hands again, but til then i've been thinking and finally i've decided what its gonna be, though i've still to find another working zed to use as i love mine to much!

ok so the pictures i'm about to post are rough ideas and i would be more than happy for any and all comments good or bad. i haven't picked a name yet but i'm thinking 300vdr or 300zx Vtype or maybe Vspec dunno about the name but i've been over the drawings etc and the body would need little strenghtening to achieve this.

ok so here are some very rough (very) ideas

testview2.jpg

testview4.jpg

Yup your right, a 300pickup, how freakin cooool is that, does anyone know of another 300 pickup, i spoke to luke at zcentre about the fact i need to use a widebody kit to make this work but i'm sure it will the second i find a working zed (you all know i suck with engines). so what do ya think of the concept

Looks like a Honda Del Sol! But also pretty good at the same time :)

Have you see the video of the Skyline pickup drifting? That looked cool, only trouble was the rear strut brace made it quite rubbish at loading 8x4 sheets :) I can't find a link to it :(

I want to see the rear lights hinge down for tailgate parties. What you could do is just remove the tailgate and you'll have basically that car :)

yeah luke mentioned a cunning plan for the flip down tailgate, i've a van for my 8x4's aslong as i can get a surfboard in the back (ozzy style) i'll be happy. cheers for the comments

Looks Good, haven't seen another one, concept looks great in blue.. keep us updated.

will do zed2k, i think the best way to understand it is to look at the likes of the holden ss, its like a ute version of a monaro, not the most practical 300 i suppose but i reckon by the time i finish (which is gonna take some time) it'll be a difficult zed to classify on the concourse at the billing agm!

ok so the abs thing in the boot! will it be easy enough to move or should i remove it? it looks like its going to get in the way of the flat bed

I say move, otherwise one day you'll floor the stop pedal and hit something and wish you'd not removed it :)

Presumably you'll have some sort of bulkhead behind the driver, I'd locate it on this inside the cab as you won't need to go behind the front seats anymore anyway :)

Isn't the transmission tunnel going to cause you problems?

I love out of the box thinking..... that is not so much out of the box as out of the entire building... Go for it.

That would be a fantastic project.

Speak to Mr F who recently had a 300 with a V8 conversion for sale - lovely car, fantastic buy but I have my hands full already so can't go there :D

Like a Nissan / Holden kinda vibe.

I have often thought the Z32 would look nice as a pick up. each time I lifted the tailgate it struck me as an easy mod? BUT! I like my big spoiler on the back so NOT FOR ME. :D

yeah i thought so, though i will be buying another zed to build it from so i'm on the lookout for a cheap zed with a good motor but pants bodywork! any ideas?

you've not got time to kid bunny, if you've finished you work you can get to that photoshop stuffy thing you do so well (showoff)

Back