Lack of respect

andrew muir

Club Member
Well had a great time last weekend at Donnington, really good show of Zeds?

Washed car this evening only to discover that some one has put a large ding in my passenger wing right on the swage line. It must have happened last weekend as this was the first time car had been out the garage.
I am pretty pi**ed off that some one can have so little respect for someone elses property. It must have been hit pretty hard to dent it so they must have known.

I am very careful of where I park my car and try to minimise risks, now wing will have to be removed beaten and filled and repainted.
Will insurance cover this??:(:banghead:

im really sorry to hear this, especially as the culprit should be a follow car enthusiast.
the sad truth is its allways a risk at shows unfortunately.
i hope you manage to repair it.

me personally i wouldnt involve insurance as its too much hassle

Hi Andrew

Lack of respect. Yes how can certain people be so disrespectful toward other peoples property it seriously winds me up, in fact it makes me very angry. Tw**s that is what they are, these will be the same sorts that say for instance have a mac donalds etc then stuff it & either lob all the cr** out the car window or if dining say out doors at a service area they get up & leave all their **** for somebody else to clear up even when there is a bin next to them !
Best thing you can do is sell your Z they buy the roughest car you can find then you will not have to worry about the tw**s :D

Sorry to hear that Andrew.

It could have been done at your hotel couldn't it?

im really sorry to hear this, especially as the culprit should be a follow car enthusiast.
the sad truth is its allways a risk at shows unfortunately.
i hope you manage to repair it.

me personally i wouldnt involve insurance as its too much hassle

Bad Luck Andrew
I agree, not worth having a claim. They get the money back off you in the end.

That's really rubbish mate, and you are right people really do have no respect or decency sometimes

If you have comprehensive insurance, it should cover the work. However you would need to find out what your excess is and ask your insurance what impact the claim would have on your next premium. Then you can decide whether it will be worth claiming. Sorry to hear about the incident, and good luck sorting it out.

If you have comprehensive insurance, it should cover the work. However you would need to find out what your excess is and ask your insurance what impact the claim would have on your next premium. Then you can decide whether it will be worth claiming. Sorry to hear about the incident, and good luck sorting it out.

As riddler says - your insurance should cover but often it's not worth the impact to future premiums etc.

It's real shitty to have to have this happen though - I picked up my Mazda 6 brand new last march on a 16 plate. Mrs called me and asked me to get some milk on way home so I stopped at a local Tesco, came out and someone has dented the car by opening their door on. Car only had 7 miles on it...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry to hear of the damage. Some ****** keyed my 944 a couple of years back - it lives outside as a daily - and I haven't claimed for it - that's not to say I won't in the future though ... all down to excess and future premiums.

trouble is if you ask your insurance about it you are making them aware that an accident has occurred.
irrespective of making the claim or not MOST insurers ask how many ACCIDENTS you have had in the past 5 years and not claims so if you start talking to them about it now you will have to declare it the following year.
they are very sneaky about it.
i would get a private quote for the repair work then compare with the excess which should be stated on your insurance documents, no need to call them unless its going to cost thousands

As riddler says - your insurance should cover but often it's not worth the impact to future premiums etc.

It's real shitty to have to have this happen though - I picked up my Mazda 6 brand new last march on a 16 plate. Mrs called me and asked me to get some milk on way home so I stopped at a local Tesco, came out and someone has dented the car by opening their door on. Car only had 7 miles on it...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Picked up my brand new Beemer a few years back. Had not even got home with it and was on a little posing drive about when some kids, hiding in roadside bushes, decided it would be a good idea to bounce a half brick off the bonnet as I was driving past. I had only done 25 miles in it.
3 weeks later parked outside my house somebody else thought that the paintwork needed a clean with some brake fluid. 1 insurance claim covered both.

When my dad was at work he had datsun parked up in normal parking space only used it on days like if another car was in garage. Wagon reversed into it leaving it tyre Mark and a dent he could never get down to the bottom of it as there had been 4 wagons delivering that day

Attachments

• 1409533JAE_Billing_2004_008-med.jpg
    1409533JAE_Billing_2004_008-med.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 22
trouble is if you ask your insurance about it you are making them aware that an accident has occurred.
irrespective of making the claim or not MOST insurers ask how many ACCIDENTS you have had in the past 5 years and not claims so if you start talking to them about it now you will have to declare it the following year.
they are very sneaky about it.
i would get a private quote for the repair work then compare with the excess which should be stated on your insurance documents, no need to call them unless its going to cost thousands

Agreed. If you mention it you will be treated as if you caused it. Wrong I know, after all what is insurance for but....

However in Wyn's case it's a different situation.

How bad is the dent? I had one that I thought was quite bad at the time taken out of my skyline door by local pointless dent removal guy, cost 40 quid.

Back