irish newbie...

irishzed

Forum User
hi all...joined up, and just saying hello....looking forward to speaking with you all..have a '75 260z that im trying to get running...will be bugging you all with my questions..anyways, hello, and im glad to be here....:thumbs:

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
Hello John - yes I'm going to call you John, I can't get on with the sudonym names especially for people I don't know.

Just ask away about Datsuns, we all learn from the answers. The only problem is that it can get a bit repetitive so have a look in the technical section first. However that's not as good as we'd like it.

Welcome.

MikeB

Well-Known Forum User
Welcome along John, whereabouts are you? There are a few of us up in the North.

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
hey mike, im down in the mountains between cork and limerick :) you?

John, I came over to that area in the late 70's to service on the Cork 20 Rally. I think Pentti Arrikkala won it. Do you still brew Beamish in Cork? :cheers:

Ian

Club Member
Welcome and good luck getting her running for the start of the summer. Have you got much left to do?

irishzed

Forum User
thanks ian...an awful lot...sills, arches, tank, filler hose, rear brakes need sorting, after i unstick the handbrake, exhaust is in poor condition, seats were got at by the girlfriends dads dog...good dog blackie...hope they tasted nice..need headlights as the original sealed units are blown..i think you can get modernised ones that take H4's nowadays...on the upside, i got her running after spending all last weekend at her...i love the sound off that IL6!!!

Ian

Club Member
Sounds like you've got loads of work ahead, will be worth it in the end.

You can get H4 headlights easily for not very much, running some in mine.

Good that you've got it running, L6's do sound great.

MikeB

Well-Known Forum User
John

I'm up close to Belfast, know your part of the world well, having done several Circuit Retros over the years. Look forward to seeing the finished product :)