Heated rear windows

malcolmpaul

Well-Known Forum User
Does anyone know of a suitable method of repairing heated rear window lines other than that horrible silver paint stuff that looks awful and is the wrong colour anyway. Some years ago someone brought out a repair kit which was like a pen and painted very fine gold lines. Trouble was it was quite expensive and the garage trade had to buy a dozen, so I didn't!
Any advice or ideas appreciated

Top advice - trust me on this .......

Don't repair it if it is an S30.......it will all end in tears.....ring Mike Feeney (Mr F) who got me a nice shiny new one for no more cash than any ordinary modern car.

If that is not a goer, why not just get a second hand one ? would not cost more than a few quid.

Last edited by a moderator:
2+2 glass is different to 2 seater.
Enquired re. new glass recently and stock has come to an end - best offer on the ZHead item as it's still gathering dust here?? :devil::D

I have some secondhand units (including one with vertical elements I think), but no guarantees on whether the elements are working...

Mr.F said:
best offer on the ZHead item as it's still gathering dust here?? :devil::D...[/quote]

Ouch ! :D Public bitch slap accepted, although bought and paid for I suppose I really ought to come and fetch the small truck load of stuff you have kindly got for me :D

Will sort it

Better hurry - I've had a formal offer on the screen already!:D

BTW, your vent rings are here also, plus splash rubbers for inner wing guards.

cool - I will ring you next week to square those up.

Thanks Mike.

Formal offer ...... tish poo man....... would not be gentlemanly.....do not believe you would do such a beastly thing.

Seriously, is there no more glass ? Did I get one of the last sets ? Am still after a passenger glass NOS if you know of or can get one.

I think your HRW was the last one available to the UK via normal channels.
And of course I wouldn't sell it without giving you appropriate notice - you have five days before it appears on eBay...:D.

I have several S/H 2 seater rear screens in stock. If someone told me how to test them for continuity I would do so. They look OK but I guess they need some sort of electrical test.
Make it simple tho!!!

It is likely that there will be continuity between the terminals or the ends of individual strands, even if only one strand remained intact. A visual inspection with an eyeglass would be more efficient!

It is likely that there will be continuity between the terminals or the ends of individual strands, even if only one strand remained intact. A visual inspection with an eyeglass would be more efficient!

LOL!:D
Remind me to find a skip with some space in it then.:rolleyes:

With ohmeter (according to the workshop manual), "if meter registers on a specific grid line, a value twice as much as on any other line, that line is broken."
Move test lead along the grid line - a sudden variation in ohmeter reading indicates the location of the break.

Or you could just get the eye glass out...

Back