Gurston Down Hillclimb School

suzy

Well-Known Forum User
What a buzz!!!

Chris, Russ and I attended Gurston Down Hillclimb School and it was brill:D

The day itself was so well run, a good briefing in the morning followed by a walk up the course with some very knowledgable Hill Climbers, then two convoys up the hill (these were not slow!!!) you then had two goes by yourself followed by a de-brief and some words of wisdom about how to go smoother, faster etc.

The rest of the day followed in a flash with another 6 runs, all followed be the instructers tell you were you went wrong:( or right:D

The instruction was informative and excellent

The faculties couldn't be faulted - (lunch and afternoon tea great even if Russ did nick all the cream for the fruit salad!!)

At the end of the day they came up with some sort of scoring system
Chris 88%
Russ 81%
Me 79%:(
(the overall winner got 93%)

But I don't care the boys beat me I had such a fantastic day and can't wait to do it again next!!

last but not least Ben :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

Thank you so much for sorting all this out for us and for being there on the day, it was great to have your company (and looking forward to seeing the photos;) ), Thanks Ben

Hope some more of you will have a go next year I can't tell you what fun it was, you all missed out on an excellent event

Arkwright

Inactive
I knew it would be good. I really enjoyed just spectating at Harewood last year. I think there is a tremendous degree of skill involved.
what cars did you go in?

suzy

Well-Known Forum User
Chris - 260Z

Me - My SWB Z32

Russ.........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................wait for it

a Z32

YES I have now seen Russ in a Z, that must be a first

Russ

Club Member
What a bloody brilliant day!

Thank you Ben (and no doubt Dee) for sorting that out. I went to bed last night thinking "Now instead of restoring my 240 I could just weld a cage in and race it, save mucking about sorting the interior" lol.

The instructors were really friendly and approachable. The group who did it were also friendly. The food was excellent.

I can see the addiction, you'll never get that hill 100% right really :)

It's a lot closer to me than Santa Pod as well, just a shame it's tricky to get started in (no RWYB).

Photos to follow soon!

ben240z

Club Member
Russ there are plenty of other clubs and venues that run road going classes. Woolbridge motor club run the longleat events and wiscombe down at honit0n. Bristol motor club/ pegasus club run a few sprints and have started running autocross meetings that run roadgoing classes. These classes are usually split into standard (as it came of the production line ) and road modified. Dont be put off by gurston not running road classes( that might change in the future) glad you enjoyed the day. Dont like to say I told you so but!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

ben240z

Club Member
suzy and russ, discs have gone in the post tonight. Was playing with different settings on the camera so quality varies. 295 pics on 2 discs. Hope there is something on there to remind you of the day. cheers ben

ben240z

Club Member
do what you want with them. If you get the ones from the official pic taker then you better ask his permission before posting them

Russ

Club Member
He wanted/had £35 for a cd of about 20 pics. Surely for that you can do what you want with them?