Fuel tank issues..HEEEELLLLP

vipergts

Well-Known Forum User
Right

Problems with fuel pressure going off

On start up it is at 50 then falls to 35 and even 25 and you can hear the pump struggling and the pitch of the noise fluctuates like it's running out of fuel

Today I changed the pump for a genuine BOSCH unit swapping out the moody chinese jobbie as I thought this was the culprit

Anyway......It would appear not...also changed the FPR

The Tank is a bit battered on the underside and can only think that maybe it's blocking the pick up inside so tank will come out for inspection

Thinking ahead....is there anyone that does a new tank for this with and internal swirl pot?

Jimbo

1978 260z in yellow
Club Member
theres a guy in birmingham who runs a business called readyrads.
i would give him a call because he can cut the tank open for you and strighten the base and maybe whilst hes in there weld a swirl pot into it.
but seeing as he doesn't normally do swirl pots you would need to talk it through with him as to what you want.
as with all things he can only say no.

Mr.G

Club Member
One route is as follows:

Purchase an ATL Black Box, have the tank opened from the top and insert it in. You'll find more information on this on HybridZ. I was going to go this route and even purchased a weld in inspection ring to take the ATL inspection plate.. If you go down this route and need the inspection ring let me know.

The solution I went for in the end was to have a local company open my tank and weld baffles in, as to how well they achieved baffling I've no ideas as the photos they sent me were so poor. The ATL black box would be the best way to go though in my opinion for an intank solution.

vipergts

Well-Known Forum User
Well

I've been having fun and games

Long story short....the tank is out for the second time and cut open once more.

Redirected the return directly into the swirlpot the first time but still NFG

The car still drawing air it would seem as ran pipes into and from a can in the passenger seat and car ran fine.

Seems there's a problem between the pick up in the tank and the pump.

Can only be a hairline hole in the pipe... Only when warm