Floorpan fitting issues

Turn & Burn

Club Member
I've recently bought a set of MSA premium floorpans for my late 260z from Mr.F. I'm finding the replacement LH floorpan (U.K. Passenger side) is about 70mm too wide due to the bulge in the trans tunnel that should house the (US spec) cat. The late 260z has quite a narrow floor on this lh side.

All pics I can find on the internet show the replacement floorpans to be the same width on both sides, but I find plenty of references to the narrow lh side. Has anyone else had this issue and what did you do? I've attached a few pics of the problem.

Attachments

• IMG_2729.JPG
    IMG_2729.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 61
  • IMG_2730.JPG
    IMG_2730.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 53
  • IMG_2731.JPG
    IMG_2731.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 52
  • IMG_2733.JPG
    IMG_2733.JPG
    645.2 KB · Views: 52

uk66fastback

Club Member
I'm not sure, do you really have ANY choice but to cut from front to back, cut off 70mm or so and reweld back up? Will spoil a nice neat floorpan though - can you do it or get it done by some who knows what they are doing - is the metal on the new ones as thin as the originals? On a repop Mustang floorpan the steel was VERY thick from memory when I came to weld them in.

I'm really not sure what else there is.

Last edited by a moderator:

candy red

Club Member
Not had this problem myself ,but it looks to me like you need to reshape the side near the tunnel and trim to fit.

Derrick :)

Turn & Burn

Club Member
Thanks Gents, just a little surprised that this issue hasn't cropped up before, it would be a simple mod to adjust the templates and produce a correct version!

Metal is fairly thick so readily weldable, better than a panel pressing anyway.

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
Yep, that would frustrate me too - you pay good money for someone to produce something that you have to chop up.

Dave B

Well-Known Forum User
As far as I know, only one guy makes the floor pans, zedd findings in Canada. I've got the same ones, they're a very tight fit, had to pretty much stand in them to get the tunnel side to push down. Mine is a us spec 280z and they were the same. The frame rails supplied are 10mm shallower than the ones on the car too!
Have you tried forcing them in, you'll prob find the curve side bends in and the seat supports are right then

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk