Emulsion Tubes

JK240

Club Member
When I had had my car in with an alleged expert last year, he suggested that the emulsion tubes I had where wrong and on an exchange basis swapped the F2's for F16's

Quite happy with this I never thought anymore about it until just recently I decided to change my main and air jets, whilst doing this I noticed that, as expected, 5 of the emulsion tubes wher F16's yet one was still F2.

Question is, what effect if any will this have or have had on the way the car operates and is it imperitive to get all 6 the same (as I plan to anyway).

Cheers

JK

yes all 6 should be the same! an f2 tube is richer low down in the rev range than an f16.
don't think it should have caused a problem except possibly fouling a plug if you were just cruising round town

Jonathan, I'm sure your car runs 'weak' low down in the rev range.

No Rob, it runs weak further up the revs, one reason for changing the jets recently... so don't suppose anyones got an odd F16 lying around have they before I buy one from webcon or somewhere...:D

No Rob, it runs weak further up the revs, one reason for changing the jets recently... so don't suppose anyones got an odd F16 lying around have they before I buy one from webcon or somewhere...:D

im not sure what you need? however, I have 4 screw su carbies, if thats the emuslion tube you need? i could sell the carbs for really cheap without floats or spacers.

Back