Dizzy id.

Nigel Brook

Well-Known Forum User
Anybody recognise this distributor? I got it in a bunch of spares some years ago. Obviously 4 cylinder but has the same configuration as an L series dizzy,ie, it is the same length and fits an L series front cover. Manufactured by Mitsubishi most likely in the eighties, and is electronic. Two "tubes" on the side presumably the advance mechanism.

Attachments

• mitsubishi dizzy 002.JPG
    mitsubishi dizzy 002.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 25
Is there a part number on any part of the unit? Usually there is, if you find it stick that number in Google, I am sure it will come up with the info you require.

Is there a part number on any part of the unit? Usually there is, if you find it stick that number in Google, I am sure it will come up with the info you require.

Tried that, no joy. Part no looks like 3A 009. 03, SERIAL NO C----5 15

Last edited by a moderator:
As yet havn't been able to ID this dizzy. Only thing I have been able to find out is that mitsubishi dizzys were fitted to one or more of the Nissan LZ series of engines. Perhaps THE COUNT could assist ?:bow:

Nigel, I haven't forgotten I've still got your 280 dizzy and coil. I nearly tried it the other week when I went to Mallory Park ( I had a misfire but it was connected with my Omex rev limiter).

I would like to try it at sometime but I hate the idea of disturbing my current set-up. However I know the saying 'nothing venture nothing gained' but I also know 'if it aint broke don't fix it' :unsure:

Back