Datsun Hoard Cars and Parts

SacCyclone

Club Member
A few days ago a friend of mine asked if I wanted to take a drive to a house in the Sierra Foothills California and check out a hoard of Datsun cars and parts that a friend of his was selling.
Of course i said yes and the trip was made last Tuesday.
Here are some pics and prices of the cars and parts that were for sale.
If any of you are interested in anything, let me know and maybe I can put something together.

White 74 260Z, not running, rust in floors and battery tray and spare tire well. Parked for 20 years plus. Frame rails look ok, hatch landing good, paint is shot and interior although complete needs and total gut and re-fresh. Body panels look pretty straight and no real signs of bubbling. $5,000. and another $500 to get a California title.
IMG_6062.jpeg

73 240Z that was in a collision and needs door and quarter panel. Engine removed and suspension will be removed. Price will be given in a month or so after insurance company and owner reach a $ amount.
IMG_6052.jpeg

The next 2 Datsun 510's and all parts including a hoard of panels, engines, transmissions, misc parts for sale $20,000.
IMG_5996.jpeg

This 510 was running and driving a month ago until the engine seized. Extra engines L18's go with the car.
IMG_5958.jpeg

L18 or L20B Mikuni manifold and Carbs 44's for $2500.
IMG_5951.jpeg

510 parts for with the 2 datsun 510's.
IMG_5981.jpeg

IMG_5977.jpeg

1971 240Z original safari gold now brown with built L28, 4 speed and triples $35,000.
IMG_6011.jpeg

IMG_6020.jpeg

IMG_6023.jpeg

Paul_S

Club Member
A few days ago a friend of mine asked if I wanted to take a drive to a house in the Sierra Foothills California and check out a hoard of Datsun cars and parts that a friend of his was selling.
Of course i said yes and the trip was made last Tuesday.
Here are some pics and prices of the cars and parts that were for sale.
If any of you are interested in anything, let me know and maybe I can put something together.

White 74 260Z, not running, rust in floors and battery tray and spare tire well. Parked for 20 years plus. Frame rails look ok, hatch landing good, paint is shot and interior although complete needs and total gut and re-fresh. Body panels look pretty straight and no real signs of bubbling. $5,000. and another $500 to get a California title.
View attachment 58494

73 240Z that was in a collision and needs door and quarter panel. Engine removed and suspension will be removed. Price will be given in a month or so after insurance company and owner reach a $ amount.
View attachment 58495

The next 2 Datsun 510's and all parts including a hoard of panels, engines, transmissions, misc parts for sale $20,000.
View attachment 58496

This 510 was running and driving a month ago until the engine seized. Extra engines L18's go with the car.
View attachment 58497

L18 or L20B Mikuni manifold and Carbs 44's for $2500.
View attachment 58498

510 parts for with the 2 datsun 510's.
View attachment 58499

View attachment 58500

1971 240Z original safari gold now brown with built L28, 4 speed and triples $35,000.
View attachment 58501

View attachment 58502

View attachment 58503
I love that 'recently running' 510!

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
Is the Beetle a 1500? Think so. I had one I bought off a mate to go on my honeymoon with (1981). At the time I only had a motorbike.

Eventually sold it to a guy building a kit car (body was rotten). It was 12v, disc brakes, 1500 so a good option. It had been on it's roof so had a vinyl top.

chrisvega

Well-Known Forum User
My wife's first car and the one she drove when I met her was a Renault 5 GTL.

To complete the memory lane trip and to fill the container I bought this immaculate one lady owner 18k miles from new example.
Possibly the best RHD example left anywhere in the world.

I thought it would be a nice surprise for my wife, but she dragged it out of me. As she got excited thinking it was a Porsche I had to confess. When I finally gave in and told her it was a Renault 5 she said 'I'm not driving that, it's bright yellow and I'm not 20 any more' 😭 'I'll have the Karmann Ghia instead'

No worries, I have other plans for it anyway now ;)

348309093_263811609576326_6456795561298647810_n.jpeg

SacCyclone

Club Member
I realize that the owner of this hoard is asking top prices for a lot of these cars but I think that as time goes by he will come down some just to move it along. This stash is up in the hills, many miles from a town and most will not make the travel to go see what he has.

He has made several calls to Robello and Rob Fuller at Z Car Garage who are interested in the 510's and related parts but are too busy to make the full day of it to go look. SOOO i think the price will come down at some point.

Mike

uk66fastback

Club Member
Never diss a Beetle. KEB 910F RIP. Bought and sold for £200 over a three-month spell in 1986 when I was searching for a Stag. Hearing aid beige it was …

yfzEdZqJ.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Paul_S

Club Member
I realize that the owner of this hoard is asking top prices for a lot of these cars but I think that as time goes by he will come down some just to move it along. This stash is up in the hills, many miles from a town and most will not make the travel to go see what he has.

He has made several calls to Robello and Rob Fuller at Z Car Garage who are interested in the 510's and related parts but are too busy to make the full day of it to go look. SOOO i think the price will come down at some point.

Mike
The 510 is definitely interesting to me. I hope (in vain) there's little interest and a cheaper deal could be struck!

SacCyclone

Club Member
The 510 is definitely interesting to me. I hope (in vain) there's little interest and a cheaper deal could be struck!
The owner did say that he would let go of the recently running 510 for $12K, hope that price comes down later this summer.

Mr.G

Club Member
I like the beetle, which reminded me that there is an awesome book called "How to keep your Volkgswagen alive", the illustrated drawings are far better then any photo. I was so pleased that the , 'How to keep your Datsun/Nissan alive', is just as good.