Clear Laquer for this...

mattbibbey

Well-Known Forum User
I recently got a friend of mine to polish up a spare Cam Cover. It went from this:

rocker1.jpg

To this:

rocker2.jpg

And finally this:

rocker3.jpg

Now I want it to stay like this! I need a heat resistant clear laquer but the ones I've used in the past are rubbish and wondered if anyone had found a really solid product.

Many thanks

Matt

I found all the laquer I have tried over the years to be rubbish to, I usually use Ali Magic now

Gary

Agree. I think laquer will just discolour and flake over time. A good high temp polish is prob best imo.

don't bother with laquer it will only flake and discolour as said above ,once you have it looking that good it really won't take much to keep looking that good just a quick buff now and again as all the hard work has been done so long as you don't leave it years to oxidise again it won't be much work at all.

Derrick;)

Ok, Cheers chaps. I think I'll eave it. I looked into clear powder coat for something else a few years ago and found that actually, those "clear" powder coats aren't really clear.

don't bother with laquer it will only flake and discolour as said above ,once you have it looking that good it really won't take much to keep looking that good just a quick buff now and again as all the hard work has been done so long as you don't leave it years to oxidise again it won't be much work at all.

Derrick;)

:thumbs: ... you listening to that Steve? :smash:

Still looking good mate. I polished up the one I have on the car at the moment myself a few years ago. It's not looking great anymore. I should have kept it polished up I suppose. I'ce got a large supply of Peek polish.

Back