Carburettors or a type of fuel injection

Sky

Forum User
Hello,
Thought I’d come on here and cause an argument as I’m a bit stuck on what to do.
I have a 240z with an L28 motor, with a single carburettor & turbo setup. I’m pretty new at this but from what I understand that needs to go. From there I have two options
Go for a carburettor set up
Or go for a fuel injected set up
There are a couple things that I need to weigh up.

I have done a small amount of searching around online for an answer so if there’s already a thread that has an answer I do apologise.

1. Performance & reliability (I’m not looking for a track car by any means but a car I can take for a drive and know that it will start and stay running. Obviously a few factors in the stay running part)

2. Overall cost (will I have to upgrade engine party straight away or will I be able to do this further down the line if I want more power/if it needs to be done?)

3. Unfortunately difficulty ( as I mentioned I’m pretty green when it comes to car, I’ve got a hunger to learn how to do everything to the car and I will be trying to do as much of this myself but there is a point that I don’t want to cross u til I have more experience with working on cars)

4. Future proofing (from what I understand most people want z with power. Is it best to go with a set up that allows for a turbo further down the line incase myself or someone else wants to modify it in that way?)

Any other points that you may have to add please feel free and thank you all in advance for your help!

have a read of this about throttle bodies and carbs, so good points

Reactions: Sky
Back