Carburettor/ignition question

Roels

Active Forum User
Sooo, i got carburettors a while back from Paltech 1, but i don't think they changed the throttle valve bushings, since there's some clearance on it.
I also think it's why sometimes my idle is a bit to high when i release the gas pedal.

My question, can i order these bushings somewhere to replace them myself?
Replacing them wouldn't be a problem since i work in a garage and we get quite a bit oldtimers, so my boss should be able to replace them (haven't tried it myself yet)
Only problem is that i don't know where to find them :D

Also, does anyone have experience with pertronix ignition systems with the flamethrower coil? Does it really make that big of a difference with original ignition system?

Thanks!

Jimbo

1978 260z in yellow
Club Member
might be worth asking these guys how they do it
http://ztherapy.com/
if you can do it this way you will never have throttle wear again because they use needle bearings.

jonbills

Membership Secretary
Site Administrator
The petronix igniter works OK, it's better than points. But it's not as good an upgrade as a 280zx distributor.

Jimbo

1978 260z in yellow
Club Member
i used luminition ignition kit on mine and it seems to work ok no issues.

Roels

Active Forum User
I've sent a mail to Ztherapy, and they can sell me the lower body only for the carbs with the butterfly valves and throttle shafts with bearings, for 350$ a pair. Sounds good to me if this means never having wear on them again :D Any experiences?

AliK

Vehicle Dating Officer
Staff member
Club Member
I just bought the full on Ztherapy rebuilt carbs and they have been immense. Best £500 ever spent!!

Idle is steady, revs out lovely now.

Totally recommend them.

Roels

Active Forum User
I'm gonna order the lower bodies and also the SM needles, they seem to use them on every carb they ship out.
Looking forward to feel what difference it makes..