Busted choke lever - anyone got this part?

uk66fastback

Club Member
I made the mistake of forcing the thing instead of taking it apart first and doing a lube job ...

So this little bit marked in the pic below has broken in two. The pic is from a '73 set up although mine is a '72. I'm sure they're the same. It's the bit of black plastic that holds the paperclip-type U shape if the cable.

Don't know why anyone WOULD have this part (amongst others as I'm sure it would be part of the whole choke lever set up but I'm asking anyway ...

That is, before I get the superglue out. Rather not have to buy the COMPLETE thing if I don't have to.

Thanks

Sorry I can't help - but in the meantime if anyone has got the main black plastic lever cover (as above, the bit that has got choke written on it) for a 260Z could they let ME know? Thanks.

I have purchased several choke knobs in the past from MSA for about $10 USD. They don't re-pop the later knobs yet (72,73,74 260). I understand that you can file down the metal choke lever to accept the early plastic knob.

Mike, let me check this week to see if we have some broken choke assemblies that I can rob that part off of. Give me a few days.

Thanks Mike, appreciate it. If I get the time in the next day or two I'll try the one I've stuck back together and see how it is, which'll save you the job of looking ...

Last edited by a moderator:
Huge thanks to SacCyclone who has raided his massive Z parts bin in sunny Sacramento and found me the part that I wanted! Thanks Mike!

Just a thought as I am making some small parts for my car.

A friend of mine has a 3D printer and can print in any number of colours, even flexible rubber.

This part would be very easy to glue back together, scan and reprint into a brand new part.

There are loads of options now for 3d printing. PLA, PVA, ABS, Rubber.

A piece like that could end up identical to the original.

Back