Brake Vacuum on Triples

Turn & Burn

Club Member
I’m installing triple 45 TBs on my new engine build. I’ve got a Kameari inlet manifold that only has one tap-in for the brake vacuum, although there are castings that can be drilled on 3 of the other runners. There is no common link / balance line between the runners at present. I’m just wondering whether to open the other 3 up and make a manifold from 10mm tube to maintain enough vacuum for the brakes.
What’s people’s experience of their brakes with triple carbs?B62238B7-D0CB-4CA8-B51D-3F89F044675D.jpeg

I only have brake vacuum from cylinder 6 runner on mine, and its fine. adequate servo, no mixture problems for #6.
only problem I did have is that piston 6 seized when the master cylinder failed and leaked brake fluid down the pipe and into the cylinder. But maybe that was a win, in that I only had to replace one piston :)

Yeah, reckon they probably are for MAP, but I’ll not need them for MAP as I’m on TPS, so if there’s any benefit to using them for the brakes I would consider opening them up.

I only have brake vacuum from cylinder 6 runner on mine, and its fine. adequate servo, no mixture problems for #6.
only problem I did have is that piston 6 seized when the master cylinder failed and leaked brake fluid down the pipe and into the cylinder. But maybe that was a win, in that I only had to replace one piston :)
Now that’s unlucky!

I can't see any advantage in more than one vacuum feed for the brakes, more single points of failure with multiples feeds.

Thanks folks, one it is. I’d just seen a few Aussie posts where lack of vacuum had occurred on some manifolds without any linked runners.

Back