BC Coilovers

rich

Well-Known Forum User
Does anyone have BC coilovers on there Z, what they like ?, it's either the bc or gaz coilover ?

I did and got nothing, hense why I asked, tab at top that says Forum then on Search tab ?

I wouldn't expect to find much in the way to answers to this question. I'm pretty sure there's various UK members with BC coilovers however I'm yet to find anyone willing to share their experience of them... :(

I asked a few questions about these in a thread not too long ago and got some responses on other setups and later found a link talking about BC coils from the USA however again no replies from the UK. (Thread below for your viewing, also contains the link to the USA BC coils thread)

http://zclub.net/forum/showthread.php?t=27297

I would also be really keen to hear a first hand account of anyone using BC coils for their car on the street. There should be a suspension comparison thread sticky in the suspension category of the forum imo, would be very helpful to give some subjective opinions based upon peoples personal experiences :thumbs:

It's a big financial gamble to make without really any knowledge otherwise.

rob - the point I was getting at is why would you go off and search the World Wide Web when you want to find posts/threads on this forum. Surely he should be searching this forum? Or are you saying the forum search function doesn't work? Just curious why you directed him to the web search.

Are there any Zclub members using bc's? I don't know of any.

rob - the point I was getting at is why would you go off and search the World Wide Web when you want to find posts/threads on this forum. Surely he should be searching this forum? Or are you saying the forum search function doesn't work? Just curious why you directed him to the web search.

The forum google search is a restricted to zclub.net content.
It's equivalent to going to google yourself and searching for: site:zclub.net BC coilovers

John, as Jon said it's restricted that's why I said 'have a look' to see for yourself.

Thanks Rob found it, must say isn't a easy thing if you have never used it before, when you click on a search button you expect it to search the site ?.

Anyway Im thinking that its going to be Gaz for me due to a few reasons, 1, have had a pair made before and was totally happy with there advice and comfort of the coilovers.
2, after reading the write ups on here has helped with making my decision.
Cheers all.

I bought my BCs over two years ago. Except due to epic shell restoration I haven't fitted them yet.

I can tell you they look great. There isn't room to fit an allen key into the top mount for camber adjustment when fitted, which is annoying but once set I wont be playing around with it.

They were simple to do, just weld the threaded bar over the cut original tube.

I considered all options around this price point (which is still really cheap for suspension) and for me they were the best option. I couldn't really find a bad review on BC products on other cars so I decided to take the risk.

Being perfectly honest for road use and occasional track either of the options I think would be fine provided they are sprung and valved correctly.

Oh and shout out to Apex performance who sold them to me, 2 years after I bought them they sent me some longer top studs FOC so I could fit a strut brace when I begin my build (ones supplied are too short with negative thread protrusion with a brace fitted)

Back