anyone upgraded 240 seat belts?

rahail240

Well-Known Forum User
hi guys.
one point which i still haven't resolved when planning my restoration is my seat belts.
it currently has crappy u.s lap belts which are useless and tatty.
i'm wanting to fit some modern and more useable three point inertia reel belts.
MSA do a set but if you can see in the picture there maybe issues if you slide seat right back.

any other ideas?? :confused:

Attachments

• large407490.jpg
    large407490.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 70

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
They look pretty good actually.

This has been discussed on here before, try a search.

My car had Securon intertia reel belts with the 'unit' mounted on a plate on the suspension turret. Not as neat as these you have found.

Arkwright

Inactive
I have a scrap z with the inertia mechanism mounted on the suspension turret. I think it's quite tidy.

rallymanDP

Well-Known Forum User
Rahail - Rob Gaskin has the best solution - these are Securon Rear Saloon Inertia Reel Belts, available from all Motor Factors ( try Brown Bros in Leeds - they supply mine), at about £40 each.

They look period, and are 'the business' for everyday use, as they come forward over the shoulder as in modern cars.

However, you will need to weld in a plate with a captive 7/16" UNF nut to the turret tops. It is easier than you think, and would you believe, your old 260Z has had that mod done since you sold it !

Call me if you need a template for the job.

rahail240

Well-Known Forum User
hi duncan.
yeah i still keep in touch with walter,who bought my old 240 off me. thanks for giving him that template to him.
i do think the msa system is a little neater.

there was a guy in the states who worked at a seat belt manufacturer. his was a nice system. i'll post a picture.

rahail240

Well-Known Forum User
spoke to mr.f other day aboout seat belt options.

he was speaking of a nice system which bolted on inner wheel arch section?

anyone done this? pictures would great.

Paul_S

Club Member
Just to resurrect an old thread....

I've posted a wanted thread for a Britax seat belt buckle, but I am wondering about upgrading to inertia reel belts from Securon (I believe the 500/30 are the correct ones). The only issue is where to fit the real.

I might call Securon when I get a chance, but does anyone know if the inertia reels need to be fitted in a particular orientation? Also, does anyone have a template or suggestions on fitting them?