370z airbag light

blade370

Club Member
Hi guys,
Would anybody on here know anything about how to switch airbag light off after changing the seats in a 370??
I have ordered the brackets and intend to do it soon but need to keep it mot friendly.....

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
No, however I did remove the passenger seat in my 350 to enable me to collect some wheels.

I searched the internet and discovered a sequence with the ignition switch and something else. So basically it can be done.

I do have an early 370 manual on a CD. I'll have a look tomorrow. EDIT - looked and can't find a sequence to reset it.

Last edited:

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
Found this online:
1. press start/stop button twice to put it in pre-ignition mode
2. wait a short duration for solid airbag light to go dark, indicating it will soon flash
3. instantly press start/stop to turn off completely before it has a chance to flash
4. wait 5 full seconds
5. repeat steps 1-4
6. repeat steps 1-4
7. press start/stop twice
8. let it run through for a while now, should be in diagnostic mode and blinking more slowly than usual
9. press start/stop to turn it off
10. wait 5 full seconds
11. turn on, and good to go

Paul_S

Club Member
I'd have to look back to when I did mine. If Rob's sequence doesn't work then I'll try and dig it out.

Just to say, the timing is quite important so give it a few tries if it doesn't work first time.

Paul_S

Club Member
Ah, I may have misunderstood the original question. If you are permanently swapping seats for ones with no air bag then the warning light will come on every time you turn on the ignition. The sequence above will just reset the warning light if the car detected an airbag fault which has subsequently been fixed.

If that's the case then you can buy a gadget to connect to the airbag plug that 'fools' the car into thinking it's there. It's nothing clever, just a resistor (I can't remember the rating off the top of my head).