280zx 3.1 stroker with 240 box

Richardc

Forum User
Hia everybody,

Hope you can help me:confused:, i am looking for a clutch that i can fit, as the one i am using (ACT) has done ok for the last 10 years or so but never been right to be honest.
I have had to space off the slave pin to make sure the throw is long enough for the clutch to disengage, but because there has been a constant pressure on the cover i think the bearing has 'F....d' up:eek:, so here i am looking for another clutch for my 280zx running the above at around 240bhp.

Watched 2 awsome 240 / 260's at Avon park doing 12's!:eek: really impressed but could'nt find the guys to ask what they were using or gain some input from them:(..

any ideas guys??..

Thanks
Richardc :driving:

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator

Richardc

Forum User
Thanks for that Rob,

i'll have a look at the clutch link.. don't know alot about collars etc but sounds like i could do with a thicker one which would negate the slave pin packing?? i think??

btw... Won the 2005 Super Modified Drag Challenge, just been a little bust since :-/

Cheers

Richardc

Forum User
Rob,

Read and understand the link thank you...

one question though, it seems that the throw on my slave cylinder is not enough to open the plates far enough that is why i packed it originally, and thats why there is constant pressure on the cover and in turn the bearing, would this still be the same even with a bigger collar, i.e. still have the pressure on the bearing?... or am i getting it wrong??

Sounds like i need a 40mm collar, but will get all 3 just to be on the safe side...

Any ideas where can i get these from?

Cheers
Richard