240z Samuri for sale

Sean H

Forum User
Number 17 ..

I purchased this car about a year ago off of a long-term owner and well-known face in the Datsun 240 Z circles.
It was not my intention to sell it I saw it fell in love with it paid for it and brought it home.
However, I am never going to get the chance to drive it as much as I want too.
I had it in Silverstone auctions just this weekend and it was an awful sale .
Indeed, my transport driver today collecting it said that most cars did not sell. I have to say the auctioneer was not the greatest.

This car has had a lot of work over the years
It really is beautiful.
I did notice the rear spoiler needs some attention on top, so I am going to get that done.
Other than that, it is difficult to say anything negative about the car.
I do have a set of wolfrace wheels available to me.
The wheels on the car were put on by the last owner.
I have numerous pictures and videos. I had a huge history file..
I’m in no rush to sell it, but I would love it to go to a home that would care about it as much as Peter and his lovely wife did prior.
F4FCD65A-2399-43BE-AD79-61D14071F442.jpeg

Attachments

• BEF570B4-7ABC-4A2A-A4AD-2BD61248E96C.jpeg
    BEF570B4-7ABC-4A2A-A4AD-2BD61248E96C.jpeg
    458.8 KB · Views: 54
  • CC933B71-6549-4F8D-88F5-46A2BC953A45.jpeg
    CC933B71-6549-4F8D-88F5-46A2BC953A45.jpeg
    438.9 KB · Views: 54
  • ABA0B466-B3B8-41CB-9F7B-C54BA5C90924.jpeg
    ABA0B466-B3B8-41CB-9F7B-C54BA5C90924.jpeg
    641 KB · Views: 53

Sean H

Forum User
I think it will make what it owes me . If it doesn’t I will keep it . One thing I will say is the previous owners family were lovely people I will only be selling it to somebody that will cherish it like they did . A good home is what the car needs . And I want it to get a home that will use it and enjoy . It really is a lovely car . The best bid if the commission came my way would have worked so I am guessing someone will buy if from me at that c level . I have not tried very hard to sell it someone will get a lovely car . I never met Peter but my brother did on numerous occasions as the car lived in the same village as him . The minute I saw it, I bought it and there was a queue of people after it.

chrisvega

Well-Known Forum User
You need find the other people that were in the queue back when you bought it then😉

I checked the car out at the auction and it looked the nicest car of the three up there. The market is softening though and if you bought it last year you may struggle to get all your money back now.

The fees at Silverstone (now Iconic) Auctions are ridiculously high at 15% to the buyer and 9% to the seller - your car was bid to £44k so you were going to get £40k in your pocket and the seller was going to pay £50k with auction house taking £10k in fees.

So there is someone out there who was willing to pay £50k on the day. I think £45/50k is a fair price for the car and can't see the price of a nicely restored original RHD S30 falling much below this level even with market corrections due to current economic picture.

Sean H

Forum User
I am lucky in the fact they do not charge me a sellers fee . I am finding market quite good if honest on some cars not others . This Samuri is worth £50k all day every day to the right person . Yes the other two there were not very inspiring .. it will stay with me till the right home is found . It will happen but may take some time I’m not in a hurry ..

I am lucky in the fact they do not charge me a sellers fee . I am finding market quite good if honest on some cars not others . This Samuri is worth £50k all day every day to the right person . Yes the other two there were not very inspiring .. it will stay with me till the right home is found . It will happen but may take some time I’m not in a hurry ..

What about your green LHD converted car? Is that getting a description tweak?

You’ll need to find someone who buys into samuri, that’s a shrinking market