2014 July Le Mans Classic

Sylv1

Well-Known Forum User
Hi

Lot of you know that event for years :) It happens every two years.... and 2014 is one of those :cool:
Dates are 4-5-6 July

Races, club village, driving long track :thumbs:

Same organiser as Spa Classic, bigger event with a show involving more prewar but no "modern" F1, fewer track sessions for clubs.

Track session is only 2 laps but straight in the Mulsanne worthes :driving:

Facilities are usually camping but this year, we'll go to a better place than last year

Yes, yes, you know all that :p

Who is in? :thumbs:

Aceman

Well-Known Forum User
We're going, but will be Datsun-less this time as the dog doesn't fit in the boot!!

Sylv1

Well-Known Forum User
Super!

Sean takes care of tickets and camping if you want

Send him a mail with your needs

http://www.lemansclassic.com/userfil...scriptible.pdf

Thanks to specify

qty of people (chaldéen under 12* are free) :
type of car (s) - parking on club area is free :
camping with the group or your own accomodation**
General ticket without paddock: €49
With paddocks :€64
(Take care dresscode is required to get un paddock)
place tribune :€84 - 109
Track session : €150 on saturday morning
parking modern car : €30

We target to book before 31 january 2014 (especially accomodation & track session)!

*to be confirmed if it is not 16years old

**you can also camp on track by asking to ACO or at camping in Spay 72.

jimyj

Club Member
email sent to sean , camping with speed chills again , but would like a track time ticket if any are going . did it last time . very nerve racking ! being chased by a dozen Caterhams , but well worth it .

jimyj

Club Member
Yep be good to see another z along , we are a group of 7 vehicles going from Pompey on the thursday night crossing .
We made our first classic in 2012 after being 20years of the 24 hours and loved the classic . maybe us all getting old !!

Aceman

Well-Known Forum User
Very much so, although we are going to be in a lovely, warm, central heating/air conditioned caravan with a full sized double bed. If it rains thus, I shalln't be as bothered as 2012!!

I will though be extremely upset as I won't be in the 240... :-(

Roll on 2016 in that respect!

Hub280ZX

Well-Known Forum User
Less than two weeks left now for Le Mans Classic 2014!
Hope to meet you on Datsun-France club location: Stand N° 47
See you there! :thumbs:

jimyj

Club Member
all ready to roll here , z serviced new mot , exhaust sorted tent packed , looking forward to it .

smaurikid

Club Member
Just got the new diff bush in , vibration gone, just tracking to be checked! In my book that's Ready! Cant wait!
Was wondering how we get the car to your Stand? Or have I had that thought too late?
What crossing / journey time is everybody on?
We are (IIRC) dover Calais, 9.25am, Thursday. So probably get there about midnight Thursday night the way we go - too many lunches!
Now why did someone mention MOT.......

smaurikid

Club Member
Hi Sylv1 - turns out I had already sorted this with that nice fella Sean, who hadn't forgotten, despite the fact I had! And as always he came through! So it looks like I will see you over the weekend!
Now what about the other uk Z's - any possible plans for meeting up , or like me do you plan on doing little driving.....:cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers: !

Aceman

Well-Known Forum User
If driving down on the Thursday, and you see a sad man in a black Jaguar Xtype estate, towing a caravan, wave hello!

Very sad I won't be in the 240z this time, but I wanted comfort this time around!

2 years time we'll be back in the Z though!

smaurikid

Club Member
Yep - Towing isn't much fun for that destination! Mind you from what I read about the elite Gendarme anti brit squad, we wont be coming past at true Le Mans pace this year................:rolleyes:

Sylv1

Well-Known Forum User
There is an interesting app for smartphones

Maps, program etc..

Name of the app is "le mans Classic" :)