1986 NA2T project

soysauce300zx

Forum User
Hi everyone, so i did a na2t swap with a t25 turbo on my 1986 300zx. I got everything done and it fired right up but i may have a problem. When i rev the engine as its parked it sounds fine. However as soon as i drive it around the block i hear a ticking/clicking noise that somewhats sounds like a exhaust leak or something from the engine bay. I also thought it could be my timing because of the t25 combined with my 1987 ecu or maby detonation because i haven't got the chance to put high octane in it. If anyone can chime in that would greatly help me out. Thanks!

Ticking is usually the manifold blowing somewhere. Try feeling around the manifold when on a cold start but be quick as it warms up quick!

Okay hmm well i replaced the plenium gasket could it be leaking and causing the ticking? Also this may seam like a total noob question but if my timing is set at 20* and i advanced it 3 degrees would the timing be set to 23* or 17*? I live in Colorado at high altitude so i was wondering if i should advance or retard the timing in consideration of that as well. Thanks for the help guys

Last edited by a moderator:
Back