What did you do to your Z this week?

richiep

Club Member
Garage spray booth refit progressing. Partition relined, new zippy door, better air line routing, fresh floor paint. Need to fit the extractor fans in the up and over door still, but the environment is much nicer and more spacious since I removed the shelving at the back end.
IMG_6985.jpeg
IMG_6987.jpeg
Away until Monday now, so nothing much will happen until after Japfest next weekend, as I need to switch efforts to red Z ahead of the trip to Silverstone. A few things to juggle though, including Raptor coating the inside of the project’s front wings and scuttle panel, and stripping down all the suspension from Robotsan’s car to weld up the BC Racing sleeves. Plus I really want to get the lowered, adjustable suspension on my RA25 Celica before the end of April. Too much to do, not enough time tbh.

Robotsan

Club Member
Garage spray booth refit progressing. Partition relined, new zippy door, better air line routing, fresh floor paint. Need to fit the extractor fans in the up and over door still, but the environment is much nicer and more spacious since I removed the shelving at the back end.
View attachment 62244
View attachment 62245
Away until Monday now, so nothing much will happen until after Japfest next weekend, as I need to switch efforts to red Z ahead of the trip to Silverstone. A few things to juggle though, including Raptor coating the inside of the project’s front wings and scuttle panel, and stripping down all the suspension from Robotsan’s car to weld up the BC Racing sleeves. Plus I really want to get the lowered, adjustable suspension on my RA25 Celica before the end of April. Too much to do, not enough time tbh.

I'm just happy to make the list! 😂

uk66fastback

Club Member
Right, the exhaust is all finally on - one or two teething problems on the fitment, but that was down to me being daft, rather than the product. I wanted to get the rear silencer on next after the front downpipe because I was intrigued as to how it would look - I got it on okay but never really considered the angle at the time - just how better it would look maybe tucked up higher. But that proved too high and the angle too steep as I had trouble lining everything up everything underneath as the angles were askew. So I started again from the front (as I should have done in the first place) and then worked my way back and it is now tucked up nicely under the car.

Getting the car up onto these bus-style axle stand was a big help. So much more room to work ...

IMG_2838.jpeg

IMG_2875.jpeg

IMG_2859.jpeg

IMG_2860.jpeg

IMG_2861.jpeg

IMG_2882.jpeg

Rear pipes now slightly lower and angle not so raked ...

IMG_2871.jpeg

Paul Atkinson

Club Member
Just got DaZ home from bodyshop today. 400 hours over 5 months spent repairing body shell and bare metal respray plus refitting all glass.
I'm refitting interior trim and seats this weekend and then it's off to have engine fitted next week.
Still looking good to be at Donnington.

Attachments

• IMG_20240412_151033.jpg
    IMG_20240412_151033.jpg
    426.3 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_20240412_151012.jpg
    IMG_20240412_151012.jpg
    530 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_20240404_162920.jpg
    IMG_20240404_162920.jpg
    293.8 KB · Views: 56