Zs -that were the last ones registered?

tali

Well-Known Forum User
Anyone here know of , or owned any of the Zs -that were the last ones registered?

JEZ 280ZX

Well-Known Forum User
Hi,
I saw a 280ZX advertised on a 'B' plate!....Must have been one of the last registered in the UK?

260Z TT

Club Member
At the Nissan dealer I served my apprenticeship at, we sold a 280zx in bronze, on a C plate!
I remember it well and I seem to think the reg no was C942HBV, is it still out there?

tali

Well-Known Forum User
I had a 260z on a W plate must have been the last Z's registered never seen another on a W plate.

That is v late:thumbs: - as T were last ones -with 280 launched in Mar 79 ! Have you got the number ?

At the Nissan dealer I served my apprenticeship at, we sold a 280zx in bronze, on a C plate!
I remember it well and I seem to think the reg no was C942HBV, is it still out there?

C942HBV is a Volvo 340 -tried other close combos - but nothing

Last edited by a moderator:

JEZ 280ZX

Well-Known Forum User

Hi,
Must have been old stock, as I think only the 79-81 model was available in bronze metallic?...Never seen an 82-83 facelift model in that shade!

samuri-240

Well-Known Forum User
That is v late:thumbs: - as T were last ones -with 280 launched in Mar 79 ! Have you got the number ?

Saw a V reg 260 in a mag a few years back, I do have the reg no of the W plate one I had somewhere but sadly the car is no longer with us it was in a dreadful state virtually broke in 2 so was scraped.

260Z TT

Club Member
It was definately a bronze colour facelift model. Must have last letters of reg wrong, but was C942 at beginning. What would letters be for a Merseyside reg no, any ideas? I never owned it, was just a car we had in stock for ages as the Z31 was then out.
I remember as an apprentice, we used to have to go out on the outdoor compound and in turn get every car running when winter came, check antifreeze content and if required change it, to prevent freezing up.
As there were around 2-300 used cars in stock at one time, you can imagine how long it would take to complete them all!

Ian Patmore

Well-Known Forum User
Have to bear in mind that a few "last" registered z/zx are not necessary a UK market car. If my memory serves me right I saw a 240z that I think was on a v or w plate....but it was LHD..

I have a Feb. 1980 first registered (UK car), which is on a "V" plate.

tali

Well-Known Forum User
Have to bear in mind that a few "last" registered z/zx are not necessary a UK market car. If my memory serves me right I saw a 240z that I think was on a v or w plate....but it was LHD..

I have a Feb. 1980 first registered (UK car), which is on a "V" plate.

Good point - RHD cars only for inclusion:thumbs:

ZHead

Well-Known Forum User
C942HBV is a Volvo 340 -tried other close combos - but nothing

I have scoured the DVLA site and cannot find where to search for the ID of a number plate - could you post a link please ?? Many Thanks Andy